Translation request - Portuguese?

skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone? Plaese to help....Dude made a great album, but the handwriting....not so good.Thanks [/img] inner sleeve from this album [/img]

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    that's italian, not portuguese

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    it starts with "Dear Francesco, patience is..." then something about human communication

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Strange, as my Italian colleague couldn't understand it
    - the lie-telling bastard

Random thought: maybe it's a tuna sandwich recipe.

Or 'el sandwicho di tonna' as they say in Boulogne

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    "Dear Francesco, patience is one of the reasons of hapiness...."

• "Dear Francesco,
    patience is one of the reason of happiness,and you who........................................................
    of human communication,don't forget to be patient and honest.
    To the eternity my friend,
    Mandrake"

If the record is from Portugal,i guess it's written in a bad italian cause the omissis part just makes no sense..

• Now post a clip or your soft.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    "Dear Francesco,
    patience is one of the reason of happiness,and you who........................................................
    with the priority[/b] of human communication,don't forget to be patient and honest.
    To the eternity my friend,
    Mandrake"

Man that's some deeeeep shit.

I kind of thought it was along the lines of "here ya go mate, me new record, if you don't like it take it to the Record Exchange hahahaha, give my love to the missus and kids"

The record is on Italian EMI from the 70s, but I always thought the guy was Brazilian.
    Someone once told me he was Ethiopian.

I'd post it up but even though I have a divshare account, I have no f*cking clue how to actually share anything I've put in there.

btw, thanks for the translation gents

• ha!
    Con la prioridade=con la priorit??=with the priority..
    It's def half italian and half portuguese..
    Never heard oh the guy,really doubt he's italian(pretty obvious at this point)
    peace

ha!
    Con la prioridade=con la priorit??=with the priority..
    It's def half italian and half portuguese..
    Never heard oh the guy,really doubt he's italian(pretty obvious at this point)
    peace

I'm a liitle shocked that you are in the Eternal City and have not come across a Mandrake Som record.
    It has been known and desired since 1988 to my knowledge. Brazilian club banger on 'Soul Samba' and a vg+ version of 'Berimbau'.

If Brazilan jazz club bangers are your bag, you need to check it out.

Or help me with divshare

• mandrake som's version ov berimbau is excellent, he also did a 2nd LP called o amigo but this is not as well know as the sombossa lp. He also was the drummer on the 1969 os brazoes LP.

btw skel- did you by any chance pick this up from intoxica in london- they had an OG press in there for crazy money last time i went in- ??125 i think it was but they seem to get a fair few of these from time to time.

No I got this copy M- on ebay early last year to replace a vg- bought in London in the late 80s. The price hadn't moved in all those years, which only goes to show I paid way over the odds back then.

??125 is murder - I reckon anyone interested should pay 50-75 tops.

It was re-issued I believe, and there are CD issues floating about.

• agreed- ??125 will leave a massive hole in even the deepest of pockets really. How much would you let the VG- one go for? i have heard about this being reissued but never seen it...

Seriously, you'll find an Italian seller on the bay and you'll pay 50-75 for it.

Provided of course you trust the paypal papal mafioso

I let the vg- one go for just short of 50 mid last year.
    Also think the Soul Samba track was comped by Mr Bongo, and even had a Berimbau remix on there somewhere. Though I could have been hallucinating.

'Holler at me" if you need the CD issue!