Disc Golf anyone??

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Wow it's been a long time since I've strutted. Good to be back.So who rides for disc golf on here??I've been playing a lot lately (2-5 times a week) because I'm currently unemployed. If there's any BayArea folks, or people visiting that like would like to play, let me know. I'd love to know the Struts general concensus on this sport. and yeah... I just called it a sport

Comments

• sounds like an activity for the Blowed

• i like disc golf but im so frickin bad at that i had to retire for good...

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I used to play summer tournaments. I haven't played in a couple years due to Old Man Back.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    sounds like an activity for the Blowed

You are correct sir.

Hippies seem to love it.

Not a prerequisite though.

I haven't played in a couple years due to Old Man Back.

I had to change my throwing style because it was messing up my back. If you don't follow through correctly it can really mess shit up.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

PDGA Player Statistics

Jonathan Lee #7022
    Norman, OK, USA

Jonathan Lee's PDGA membership is not current.

PDGA Player Statistics

Jonathan Lee #7022
    Norman, OK, USA

Jonathan Lee's PDGA membership is not current.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I play disc golf 2 or 3 times a week. I've heard the course I play at is one of the most played in the country. Sometimes that can be a pain waiting around to throw on each hole but I have met a bunch of cool people. I quit playing for a while after the time change because it was tough getting to the course before dark. We use LEDs sometimes for some night golf though. If any of you are in Austin and want to get a round in let me know.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    San Diego only has one course. There are rumors of the owner not letting new courses open up. It's always packed. Not a good look. It is two blocks from my house. Maybe I'll go give it a go today. It is like 77 degrees out.

San Diego only has one course. There are rumors of the owner not letting new courses open up. It's always packed. Not a good look. It is two blocks from my house. Maybe I'll go give it a go today. It is like 77 degrees out.

I assume you're talking about Balboa. I've always wanted to check it out. I heard it's all manicured like a real golf course. If that's true about the owner then that sucks.

We use LEDs sometimes for some night golf though.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Yup. Morley Field. It's a nice course with about 6 different pin positions for each hole. Great course if you're in the area. Don't go on a sunny weekend though. It will take 3 hours to get through it.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    What the hell is disk golf? Is it like frisbee golf?

Yeah same thing. Some purists hatt when people use the word frisbee. I don't mind as long as people don't call it frolf.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Wow it's been a long time since I've strutted. Good to be back.

So who rides for disc golf on here??

I've been playing a lot lately (2-5 times a week) because I'm currently unemployed. If there's any BayArea folks, or people visiting that like would like to play, let me know. I'd love to know the Struts general concensus on this sport. and yeah... I just called it a sport

where do you play? i walk my dog through golden gate park frequently and they have a frisbee gold course set up there. on the weekends there's always tons of dudes getting their frisbee golf on and geeking out, all with their bags of like 20 discs. i guess it's similar to golf where you have woods, wedges, putters, ect. anyways, always seemed like something i'd enjoy doing. i love hand eye coordination games like that, drinking beers and just shooting the shit.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

hand eye coordination game; drinking beers and just shooting the shit.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    We use LEDs sometimes for some night golf though.

I use these for night golf. We tape them onto the bottom of the discs using clear packing tape. The tape that comes in the pack doesn't seem to hold on as well. You can pick them up at outdoor stores near the fishing lures. Originally they were made for the end of fishing rods but after disc golfers started using them they have started selling them as "disc golf beacons". They work much better than the small glow sticks because you can click them on and off and they last much longer. If you do buy some, I recommend the red ones because they seem to stand out better in the dark compared to all of the other colors.

http://www.rod-n-bobbs.com/index.php?page=prodList&by=line&by_id=DiscGolf