SNACK PACK...

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central

Aussie's hands up if you remember this shit.... oh man.... AUSSIE HIP-HOP!

Comments

• We in the Americas had a different Snack Pack:

It might say "child safe lid", but it was metal and many kids were injured. Safety was not an issue, especially when blood was able to enhance your chocolate pudding. Mmm mmm mmm, possibilities.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    AUSSIE HIP-HOP!

oxymoron?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Was there a vegemite flavor?

I keed.

Sheep, you had me confused before I watched that video. You said "aussie hip-hop" and I thought "what? an aussie hip-hop crew called Snack Pack?" It seemed completely plausible to me. Needless to say, I braced for the worse.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I have a Sabra "hummus with pretzel crisps" pack today.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

Sheep, you had me confused before I watched that video. You said "aussie hip-hop" and I thought "what? an aussie hip-hop crew called Snack Pack?" It seemed completely plausible to me. Needless to say, I braced for the worse.

hahah, yeah, "Snack Pack", wouldnt suprise me if JJJ made 'em album of the week on the name alone.

Aussie hip-hop doesn't do it for me whatsoever these days. The classic stuff, is classic, there's a few decent MCs (Lazy Grey and Prowla spring to mind)... but I really can't fuccs with most of the stuff that's coming out now... like 99.9% of it....

• Aussie's hands up if you remember this shit....

totally remember that ad!! thought they were tre cool on their bikes with their colour coordinated outfits&helmets!! don't think i ever had a snack pack tho......YOGO was my ish.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    AUSSIE HIP-HOP!

oxymoron?

web page

And we invented the sampler!

IMO both rappers suck and look corny.

The Saurus has an annoying voice, Im not a huge Justice fan but I gotta say the kid did great at Scribble Jam, I think he was only like 15 when he won that.... takes balls and some luck to win a huge battle in the US when your a little aussie kid who hasnt even hit puberty yet....

We need to start the Hip Hop and Crate Diggin Olympics.... Every nation eneters their finest mc's, djs. bboys, writers and diggers..... I think the world is ready for it....

BTW Sheep any clues who did the verses for that commercial? It almost sounds like it could have been Just Us or one of the 80s crews.... Kinda sounds like Mystery rapping!

• ooohhhhhh the 80's - such fond memories

no really

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

You mean the Fairlight? Cause that thing was not the first sampler.

BTW Sheep any clues who did the verses for that commercial? It almost sounds like it could have been Just Us or one of the 80s crews.... Kinda sounds like Mystery rapping!

It was probably the same dude who did the "Aussie Rap" lol....

I think Delta would tear any one of these Aussie MCs a new bum hole...

You mean the Fairlight? Cause that thing was not the first sampler.

i wasnt trying to be serious man. Just having a luagh. There was a comedy show here in Oz (Music Jamboree-John Saffron) that did a whole sketch about the Fairlight and how it was used by Bambaataa for Planet Rock etc so its become a bit of an inside joke for the local hip hop scene...

Just curious though...what was the first proper sampler? Cus as I understand it, there where others before the Fairlight, but the Fairlight was the first of the 'modern' type samplers?

Or was it the E Mu that marley marl talks about the first proper sampler?

ooohhhhhh the 80's - such fond memories

no really

those trackies still looks fresh though.... F*ck i wanted one so bad back in those days!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    HAHAH SHEEP!!! Classic video!

DEEP YOGHURT RAP CRATES REVEALED!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Just curious though...what was the first proper sampler?

two turntables

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    first sampler? maybe the mellotron?

Just curious though...what was the first proper sampler?

two turntables

^^^^^^^ Good call! I like that answer the best....

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

MORE RAPS