Records You're Feelin' (February Edition)

2»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Kind of Blue (80s press)

Been in heavy rotation ever since crink hipped me to this.

If only your hair folicles had the same perserverance.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Congregacion "Estrecha A Tu Hermano"

Walter Franco "Mixtura????o"

Violeta Parra "Que he sacado con quererte"

• absolutely ridiculous. super nice top notch and there aint no question

• mistermayomistermayo Yonder 21 Posts
    This is my favorite Willie album.

• This is my favorite Willie album.

personally, I think Willie's best stuff ever was on Atlantic

both this LP and Shotgun Willie

Sad Songs and Waltzes and A Song for You just kill me.

• Interesting album, I was lucky enough to meet him last year. Great live show.

I grew up taking piano lessons from the saxo player's sister!

b/w

what's the deal with that rackord? the only pre-Rounder (in the 80s) stuff i knew from Wolfman was his singles for hep'me. is that lp from the 70s also?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    what's the deal with that rackord? the only pre-Rounder (in the 80s) stuff i knew from Wolfman was his singles for hep'me. is that lp from the 70s also?

The LP is from 1987 IIRC

Standout cut is a disco-flecked funk blues in which the Wolfman howls like a, uh, wolf throughout.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

The LP is from 1987 IIRC

Standout cut is a disco-flecked funk blues in which the Wolfman howls like a, uh, wolf throughout.
    It's the reissue of his debut 1981 Hep Me LP with a different cover, title & 1 extra track.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

The LP is from 1987 IIRC

It's the reissue of his debut 1981 Hep Me LP with a different cover, title & 1 extra track.

The Wolfman looks like he has hardly aged in the best part of 30 years.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

The LP is from 1987 IIRC

The Wolfman looks like he has hardly aged in the best part of 30 years.
    Yep, definitely undiminished in the his musical skills. A killer version of "Can I Change My Mind" is one performance I don't think I'll be forgetting. I was kicking myself for not bringing a 45 sleeve to have him sign to put on my "Hook & Sling" 45, I had to make do with getting him to sign the back of a coaster.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Had this on repeat on the ipod

ordering the double vinyl today

Great collection of demos (less polished but more powerful than the stuff that was released), only complaint is it does not include any version of their epic "Young, Fast & Scientific" from the over-produced-but-still-heavy "Manifest Destiny", and too many songs from "Bloodbrothers"

The radio ads included are great, really puts the stuff in the context of it's time. Norton Records does it again.

Oh, I definitely want to check this. I loved "Go Girl Crazy" bitd, but always thought "Manifest Destiny" was a bit too slick, and that kind of thing mattered in 1977.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I never heard Still Serious, though.

It's not the classic that Somethin' Serious is but it's certainly got some decent tracks on it.

Divshare's f*cking up at the moment - will put up a couple of tracks when it starts behaving.

Really need to get organised and pick up Hard To Hit as well.

Finally got divshare to play along. Couple of tracks off Still Serious:

Seal It With A Kiss

Southern Dialect

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

What does this sound like?

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I expected to hate this, but I love it

ditto this

• This is my favorite Willie album.

almost pulled out shotgun willie the other day, instead i pulled out:

also been listening to:

the pic above is the cover for F*ck buttons' colours move 12".

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

What does this sound like?

I like it a lot. Its a bit more experiemntal than their others I suppose you could say. Its still pretty straight forward like other releases only with the use of electronic keyboards and things like that.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Cornerstone Church Choir "I'm God All By Myself"

• What does this sound like?

I like it a lot. Its a bit more experiemntal than their others I suppose you could say. Its still pretty straight forward like other releases only with the use of electronic keyboards and things like that.

Nice find! The cut imo would be the last song on the record. It rates high on the groovy records with just counting for lyrics category.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

&
    Just about everything in Rehash's excavation section!!!

Seemed kinda pointless starting a March version of this thread but currently playing this a hell of a lot.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    already 4 pages and no one mentioned this? whats up haters?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

well, the title of the thread sez "records YOU'RE feelin'", not "records InVrs is feelin'"

New Moodymann? Didn't even know this existed. Just listened to the samples and ordering now.