The "What Sound Did They Sample For THAT??" Thread

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Tha Alkaholiks "WLIX" (produced by Madlib)Any idea?

Comments

• wow! that was madlib? i dont really like madlib but i love that whole record. i always thought that sound was a chopped up calliope record.

• Tha Alkaholiks "WLIX" (produced by Madlib)

Any idea?

No idea on the sample. I randomly listened to this album the other day. Still pretty good. E Swift is pretty underated.

• Definitely some shit that was way de-tuned on the SP1200. Who knows.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I've always wondered how they made the Six million dollar man noise. I love that sound.

• I've always wondered how they made the Six million dollar man noise. I love that sound.

Probably an organ or other keyboard with a really heavy Leslie-style effect on it.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I've always wondered how they made the Six million dollar man noise. I love that sound.

Probably an organ or other keyboard with a really heavy Leslie-style effect on it.
    That makes sense. Thanks

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Autotune.

• wow! that was madlib? i dont really like madlib but i love that whole record. i always thought that sound was a chopped up calliope record.

He did a couple tracks on their first record too.

Coast II Coast is a great LP. I agree that E-Swift is underrated, I think the Alkaholics are underrated as a group.

• what about the crazy synth/moog sound on gza's 4th chamber???? is that even a sample?
    i think rza said he played that. rza does say a lot of stuff though :50pwototypes:

• I've always wondered how they made the Six million dollar man noise. I love that sound.

Autotune.

ha ha

just some analog tape delay decay with the rate speeding up slightly as it fades...probably an organ chord as a source sound, maybe a piano...