Anyone watching this? (Mulatu Astatke related)

gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Yep I don't know enough about original pressings, but I assume this is due to the amount of bidding. Who is bidding on it?

Comments

• ??? What's your question?

• SCHILL POSTER FOR DR. MANHATTIN!

BAN x 1000 for BOTH!

• Oh boy, what did I step into?

But for real, usually people put a post like this if a record is selling for some crazy amount. In this case isn't $400 pretty much in line for this album?

• $400 seems about right. It's a pretty tough pull. In fact given the sold-out Mulatu show last night, I'm surprised some well-to-do yuppie didn't throw down more on it.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Besides, it's Phill who's selling it. Dude ALWAYS commands top dollah, hollah!

• Oh boy, what did I step into?

But for real, usually people put a post like this if a record is selling for some crazy amount. In this case isn't $400 pretty much in line for this album?

You stepped in nothing... Like you, though, it just seemed like a sort of unnecessary post. I was just talkin' REAL SCHITT, as they say...

"look! this expensive record is... expensive!"

Oh boy, what did I step into?

You stepped in nothing... Like you, though, it just seemed like a sort of unnecessary post. I was just talkin' REAL SCHITT, as they say...

Yeah, co-sign. I don't see what the point of the original post was unless this album was suddenly pulling in $1000 prices.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Oh boy, what did I step into?

Yeah, co-sign. I don't see what the point of the original post was unless this album was suddenly pulling in $1000 prices.

The auction caught my attention because of the show last night. Made me wonder if the ending price would exceed the usual price greatly. Maybe it won't. Who knows.

• Since we're talking Mulatu anyway, I'm curious how much originals of these would go for:

I can't recall ever even seeing OGs. Do they actually exist?

• Samy BenRedjeb from Analog Africa put a copy of the red one up on Ebay in 2006.

It was in pretty bad condition (VG/VG+ I think) without the proper cover and it sold for $713!!!

Imagine one in M- condition with a M- cover, how much that one would fetch...

Anyone got one for sale?...got trades ;-)

• They would go for VERY VERY MUCH....the blue one I don't think exists except on tapes. I could be wrong though.... maybe someone's sitting on a crate as we speak, just like that dude a few years ago that found a crate of the Mulatu of Ethiopia LP's.

• what I want to know is why does the DENNIS OLIVIERI lp i have up on Ebay have almost 4 times as many views as the MULATU?

• woah... that IS weird.

SHADOW Effect???

• i know it's a shadow sample, but STILL... there's gonna be that much interest in that record in 2009 because Shadow sampled it? i guess so... call me

• They would go for VERY VERY MUCH....the blue one I don't think exists except on tapes. I could be wrong though.... maybe someone's sitting on a crate as we speak, just like that dude a few years ago that found a crate of the Mulatu of Ethiopia LP's.

pics from samys myspace site:

http://deco-01.slide.com/r/1/0/dl/5kIqL8U-3j_pVUNl5IfBLfWb3dXzH8Ij/item

http://deco-00.slide.com/r/1/0/dl/quxICdlU4z-TGwnPPgiFZ0xVZIbdatTG/item

i've never seen the blue one for sale...

cheers

• i know it's a shadow sample, but STILL... there's gonna be that much interest in that record in 2009 because Shadow sampled it? i guess so... call me

Q: The only information I could find on this album was - it was recorded in L.A. and it has a saxophone player. Would you possibly know, how many tracks...

A: i'm not sure, what does a saxophone sound like? does it sound like a flugelhorn? i don't think there's any sax on this album

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    They would go for VERY VERY MUCH....the blue one I don't think exists except on tapes. I could be wrong though.... maybe someone's sitting on a crate as we speak, just like that dude a few years ago that found a crate of the Mulatu of Ethiopia LP's.

Thanks for posting those

• Dammit, this pic's going to keep me up at night.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Dammit, this pic's going to keep me up at night.