Sharing of Samples/Breaks between Producers?

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I remember the Whatnauts drums from "Bucktown" by Smif -N-Wessun and "Oh My God" by ATCQ being an issue where dudes was heated at the others use of them... Tip strikes again?

Could we get a clip of the Cash Money song if we dont get the dirt?

I guess he is refering to the Wild Hot song, there is no dirt really. Cashmoney invite Tip and Busta to rhyme on one of his beats for his mixtape Guess who's coming to diner, and later they did the same song again, same loop, same lyrics on the Rhyme & Reason compilation. But they gave credit to Cashmoney.

i could say more on this, but i'll leave it at what SLurg says

Come on, Phill. Dish up the dirt, homie!!! Yo, I'm waiting on a shout from you too, bruh. Be Easy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

There was also something about how Large Pro left those drums open on Apache's "Hey Girl," and people would just jack them from that 12 without actually knowing what they were.

Word, thats another topic... Hip Hop songs with open drums... Stezo "Its My Turn" and "Who Stole My Last Piece Of Chicken" Organized Confusion... "Description Of A Fool" ATCQ...

Paul C R.I.P.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I dont remember which came out first came out first "Breaking Atoms" or "Mecca & The Soul Brother"

I'm pretty sure it was "Breaking Atoms".

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I dont remember which came out first came out first "Breaking Atoms" or "Mecca & The Soul Brother"

Some other dudes I'd say were on that vibe were T-Ray, Dilla, and Prince Paul.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I'm pretty sure it was "Breaking Atoms".

Breaking Atoms of 1990; Mecca and the SB was 1992.

Main Source (or LP I suppose) was ahead of their time compared to what their immediate peers were doing at the same time.

• LempoLempo 22 Posts
    Large Pro used the Tom Scott sax on Slick Rick's "It's a Boy" remix in '91, before Pete used it...so that kinda backs up thew story of him showing the record to Pete.

Funny, I never picked that up before. Such a short loop - you figured LP could have pulled that from practically anywhere.

Yeah, I read that in an interview somewhere - it's funny that Large Pro wouldn't have used THAT LOOP from it, but on the other hand, whenever I hear the Tom Scott song it's with TROY in mind...

A bit similar to Snake Eyes intro with the Getting Nasty sample..It boggles my mind that he didn't use the same part as Jurassic 5 would later. Maybe the sound was not right at that time, the tempo was too slow for '91 or something..