THE ROOTS/ ANTIBALAS

RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I know alot of yall hate on the roots, which to me is ridiculous....anyway, i just got back from rocking with both the roots and antibalas, thought some of yall would appreciate some of the video i got up.i will up some more vids from the actual show...one of the absolute best shows of my career thus far.gary bartz came thru....and my homie, rich medina rocked the mic. this event was like sort of a battle...ill break it down in a bit. video is here http://playin4keeps.blogspot.com/while im at it, dl the mixes if you havent already...and also peep the monthly shows at spinemagazine.com

Comments

• dopey dope

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    awesome, i for 1 am a big fan of the roots

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    A kid at my job told me this show "changed his life"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I know alot of yall hate on the roots, which to me is ridiculous....

No need to fret, those hater ass haters are pretty damn ridiculous themselves.

Anyways...thanks for posting!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    who are the roots?

• Options
    The Roots are incredible, and I'm a big fan of Antibalas too. That party must have been super heavy. Wish I was there!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Roots are incredible, and I'm a big fan of Antibalas too. That party must have been super heavy. Wish I was there!

What do they sound like? Im curious?

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    You cant front on the artists formally known as The Square Roots.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    if this thread is any thing to go by maybe the stut actually does ride for the roots, i was expecting this thread to degenerate into a 5pager on how any live hip hop sucks.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    or talk of the roots has been Winehoused to death

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

I like a lot of the Roots' stuff, but my favourite tracks are the ones with guest MCs/vocalists; Badu on You Got Me, Mos Def absolutely kills it on Double Trouble, and I'm sure the Strut was very much in favour of the Roots backing Jay-Z.

Couldn't find Double Trouble on youtube, what's this?