WALLET GLUED SHUT

2»

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    i live in a college town and pretty much every restaurant accommodates separate checks, is this not common elsewhere? you'd rather deal with freeloading douchebags than take a few minutes to figure out who ate what dollar_bin?

True, I've been screwed over in the past. I guess I'm lucky I don't have to eat out with freeloading douchebags anymore.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    A good friend of mine lived with a mutual friend who was literally the cheapest person I have ever met.

The worst was he would keep the thermostat at like 50 degrees in the middle of a Boston winter. So his roommates would use electric heaters, as they would so as not to freeze to death. Then when the electric bill arrived, el cheapo would use a formula to deduct $$$ (including tax) from his share of the electric bill, because other people were using heaters to heat "their" space.

I don't understand why this person had control of the thermostat over the
    majority of roommates. Even if he was "in charge" somehow, it seems like they
    could have just paid the extra heating bill and told him he didn't have to,
    it would have been cheaper and more comfortable than using space heaters and
    paying jacked up electricity bills ... ?

• Strip club bathroom attendants:

I know you are broke as F*ck if this is your job, so you might get a couple of pity bucks, but I really don't need any help in there. I would rather help myself, and grab my own paper towel. The majority of the time, I hate you, and sometimes shit just gets awkward.

lmao. I don't consider myself a cheap dude, but I'm with you on this shit, especially if I'm drinking and hitting the head multiple times in an evening, F*ck that.

One time, we were at some mid-level joint early in the evening and my friends were treating me for my birthday. Of course, I didn't really have cash readily at hand. After a couple beers I had to drain one, and dropped 3 quarters in the bucket for a half-ass squirt of liquid soap. As I'm drying off I hear the dude picking up the tip bucket and I turnaround to see him pouring the change into his hand as he yells "F*ck you, muthafucka!" and throws it at my feet. I just shook my head walked out, and everybody a good laugh about it out front. I'm sure he picked up off the piss stained floor later too.

• I do have to ask you guys though, is this cheap?

Strip club bathroom attendants:

I know you are broke as F*ck if this is your job, so you might get a couple of pity bucks, but I really don't need any help in there. I would rather help myself, and grab my own paper towel. The majority of the time, I hate you, and sometimes shit just gets awkward.

You can even find those guys at the club bathrooms down the shore. Seriously though...f*ck those guys. When I was younger, I would throw a pity buck here and there but now...forget about it. I can get my own damn paper towl..thank you

i dont understand this "split the bill evenly" stuff. nobody in my group of friends has ever even brought that up. how hard is it to look at a ticket and see what you had?

/confused

• kick in a little extra commensurate with their exuberance.

If only everyone at group dinners loved this phrase as much I do.

My peeve, as someone mentioned upthread, is the goddamn birthday dinners. You go out with a big group with the expectation of "all chipping in for the birthday boy" and suddenly the cheaps come out at night.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

lmao. I don't consider myself a cheap dude, but I'm with you on this shit, especially if I'm drinking and hitting the head multiple times in an evening, F*ck that.

One time, we were at some mid-level joint early in the evening and my friends were treating me for my birthday. Of course, I didn't really have cash readily at hand. After a couple beers I had to drain one, and dropped 3 quarters in the bucket for a half-ass squirt of liquid soap. As I'm drying off I hear the dude picking up the tip bucket and I turnaround to see him pouring the change into his hand as he yells "F*ck you, muthafucka!" and throws it at my feet. I just shook my head walked out, and everybody a good laugh about it out front. I'm sure he picked up off the piss stained floor later too.

If it becomes impossible to avoid him shoving a paper towel into my hands, I feel like I have to tip him, but when I do, I make sure I grab a mint to even shit out. After that one tip, I stop tipping. WTF is this shit, a bathroom tax? So after a few more trips of non-tipping, shit gets really awkward between us, and I'm pretty sure we have beef with each other. Then I get over the awkwardness at some point because I am drunk and do not give a F*ck, and I openly hate him.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    What's worse, cheap bastards or gold diggers?

• Oh damn, bathroom attendants are the worst. I really don't need "help" with handling soap and paper. It's not even just strip clubs, but places like the house of blues LA. It gets tedious if you have to go take a leak a few times.

I'm not cheap either, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay two dollars per tinkle on top of expensive beer. That's getting taxed coming AND going!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What's worse, cheap bastards or gold diggers?

Gold Bastards

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Despite Z Illa's little dig up top, usually if I'm out with people I do try to hold up my end at the dinner table when it comes time to pay the cost. And if I'm broke that day, I'll make it up down the road.

HOWEVER...

I gotta agree with the discussion below.

Bathroom attendants seem to exist because THEY CAN, not because they're saving us time and trouble. I'll ignore 'em and use the hand dryer if I have to.

When I am in the restroom, I come in there to piss and shit. The last thing I want to see in that john is someone looking for a handout. Tipping for meals and cab rides is fine, but when I'm in the crapper, PLEASE don't bother me! Maybe I'll toss some $$$ if I know 'em or they're just nice folks, but apart from that...you talk about wallet glued shut? It'll be wallet STAPLED shut if I feel like I'm being fleeced.

If it becomes impossible to avoid him shoving a paper towel into my hands, I feel like I have to tip him, but when I do, I make sure I grab a mint to even shit out. After that one tip, I stop tipping. WTF is this shit, a bathroom tax? So after a few more trips of non-tipping, shit gets really awkward between us, and I'm pretty sure we have beef with each other. Then I get over the awkwardness at some point because I am drunk and do not give a F*ck, and I openly hate him.

shouldnt you tip dude for smellin your ass-vapors?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    they shouldnt have been there in the first place

"Would you like some Lilac Spray for your stall, sir?"

• "Would you like some Lilac Spray for your stall, sir?"

"Complementary douche water?"

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    i live in a college town and pretty much every restaurant accommodates separate checks, is this not common elsewhere? you'd rather deal with freeloading douchebags than take a few minutes to figure out who ate what dollar_bin?

True, I've been screwed over in the past. I guess I'm lucky I don't have to eat out with freeloading douchebags anymore.

I live in a college town, too, and am used to dinner parties where 3 people put in 3 different credit cards and the rest pay in cash. Sometimes we get a pen out and initial on the receipt which meal goes with which credit card. And while the pissed off waitress tries to figure all of that out, we scrounge around for change for a tip to be paid in quarters.

When there's a party of five 20 year olds, I think the wait staff should just do separate checks for each, unless they wants to deal with the above drama. It should be obvious by my appearance that I can't pay for anyone's full belly but my own. The last time we went out, we spent as much time doing the money business as we did eating, partially due to the slow waitress.