Redbull 45's anyone?

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Pretty dope event. They are doing one in Seattle and I've been lucky enough to have been asked to throwdown. it's FREE and a seriously dope line up. Check it out if you can - Feb 26th

Comments

• @ Trinity though?

Super fresh regardless, i'll be up in the spot definitely.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Awesome!
    Which strutter has invented this concept?

• man, somethings like this needs to come to the bay.

• Probably non-related to what they are doing in the states

ironically, me and my man Mat The Alien were talking about doing something like this in canada, on 4 turntables, we had talked with one of the RedBull dudes, and had discussed about making promotional 45's for the tour, Nu would def be down too, so it's funny that he's involved in this..........
    but, busy schedules, and the 3 style events they are promoting right now, overshadow 'little' ideas like this

• Will Nu Mark be using Suh-Rah-Doe????
    Cuz if he is, that's

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Will Nu Mark be using Suh-Rah-Doe????
    Cuz if he is, that's
    LOL

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    What's Redbull's actual involvement with this? Sponsor or organising? Anyone know what type of marketing they do with this eg hand out free samples? Door list/VIP corporate clients etc?

Im interested cus we deal with Red Bull alot for my work (trade publication for C Stores) and Im gonna be interviewing one of the RB dudes, would be good to ask him about this (and maybe get some promo shit....!!!!)

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    John Doe from Vegas? I'm trying to decide when to come up. For your award or for this event?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Are dudes playing real vinyl?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Me, Jon Doe, Smite and Phoreyz did the pre-Red Bull 45s party here in Phoenix a few weeks ago, it was a f*cking blast.

Theres video of the first one in LA on youtube

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Are dudes playing real vinyl?

Dudes were playing 45 vinyl in LA.

Not all of them were playing originals though.....if that should bother anyone.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Strictly 45's, strictly vinyl.

• 45's are cool and all. But, I rock 12"s. Way more fun to DJ with. Hot pressing, extra long edit. I'd rather have a 12 than a 7? wouldn't you?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    No.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    No.

• I'd rather have a 12 than a 7? wouldn't you?

Jonnypaycheck feels the same way in regards of having a 12'' as opposed to a 7''

• No.

yes.

show me the styrene cue burn in 1 second 12"s and you have a good debate.
    b/w
    sonically the 7" cant even touch the 12"

i just love when the group goes into the break on the 45...right as it fades out.
    damn i dont have a double...stop the music and flip it over to part 2.

they told me they were doing this in seattle, to which i said you best get mr. supreme on this bill or you really are not doing it right... " oh yea, we got him on"

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    45s are just for skinny djs who have no muscles and cant carry a full crate of 12's....! Ye, Kinetic Im looking at you! Hehehehehe ;-p

• Pretty dope event. They are doing one in Seattle and I've been lucky enough to have been asked to throwdown. it's FREE and a seriously dope line up. Check it out if you can - Feb 26th

How do I get this event to come to DC!!

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    Had a blast at this! Everyone killed it too...
    Big ups to greasy and cpeetz (and your other homey too) for the recs and hospitality. I definitely need to make it back up there more frequently.