I got an email from my brother today......

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
That I didn't know I had!!!!!!!!! WTF? Anyone here have similar stories? Dudes b-day is two weeks after mine.

Comments

• kubkub 46 Posts
    found out i had a brother a couple of years ago. at first i really didn't know what to think. was kinda weird, somehow dude got my phone# and decided to call me....STRANGE convo to say the least
    never met him tho

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Older? Younger?

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    i met a guy about 4 months ago who it turns out in casual conversation was born on the same year on the same day at the same hospital 2 hours earlier than me. We became very good friends almost instantly and since then have discovered that he knows about 4 of my unrelated good friends from totaly separate times and places back in the day. His dad was a bit of a player in the 70s and he has been discovering a couple of half brothers and sisters in the last 6 months or so. Apparently he still has one brother and one sister left that he hasn't met yet. Not quite the same thing, but one degree removed i guess...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I opened and read it, it said he was a sucka!
    Nah, congrats? Hope all goes well widdat.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Same exact age. I'm not at all surprised though. Dad was a big time player and has kids all over California. This one is in Washington state although another city than I.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    About 10 years ago my wife got a call from a 16 year old girl who claimed I was her father.....she took her number and called me at work to tell me the story....I called the girl back and found out that her Dad, who shared my somehat unusual name, was in prison when she was born and they had never met. She had recently tracked him down to Dallas and actually spoke to him on the phone a few weeks prior to calling me.

They made plans to meet and the following week when she called him back the number had been disconnected and the dude disappeared. She called my home hoping it was his new phone number. I felt really bad for her, you could hear in her voice that she was heartbroken. I promised to help her find her Dad and searched for a few months with no luck.

Luckily for me my wife and I have known each other since the third grade and she knew I had not been to the state this girl was from over the prior 20 years or else I'm sure she would have been suspicious.

Sounds like your story might have a much happier ending.

Good Luck D

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    When I was 14 I found out that I had 2 younger sisters that I didn't know I had. My father had a family after he left my mom that he never told me and my brother about. The weird thing when we met was that they knew everything about us, and to us they were total strangers. It was pretty odd for a while, but I'm pretty close with one of them now. Good luck, it'll be interesting if nothing else.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    So I brought this girl home and told my folks we were serious. My dad takes me aside and says, don't tell your mom, but you can't marry her, she is my daughter.

The next month; I brought this girl home and told my folks we were serious. My dad takes me aside and says, don't tell your mom, but you can't marry her, she is my daughter.

The next month; I brought this girl home and told my folks we were serious. My dad takes me aside and says, don't tell your mom, but you can't marry her, she is my daughter.

Finally I said to my mom, I'll never get married, ever girl in town is my sister. My mom said, don't tell your father, but you are not his son.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    On the serious, when I was in high school this kid lived with us a year younger than me. We were like brothers. I saw him rarely after he headed off for college and I just headed off. Last saw him at my wedding, we exchanged cards a few times after that. Then we lost touch.

He was in the Army Reserves and worked at the Pentagon.

When 9/11 hit I was desperate to make sure he was ok. None of his old contact #s worked.

It was days and days before they released a list of Pentagon victims. He wasn't on it, but I have still been unable to get in touch with him. His name is Tony Steele, to common to google.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Funny you brought this up as I just sent an email explaining my story to my friend...kinda record related too!

My mother had me while she was in high school..so I was born right after her 17th birthday.

I have heard of this Father person a few times here and there...but never really met him/got to know him.

I was never mad at him..ever! I could only imagine how hard it would be to be like, "Shit, im 18 and have a 2 year old."

He paid Child Support.

Anyways...

About 3 years ago I was going in to DJ at my regular gig. I was lugging in crates, and this guy was holding the door for me. Then he started helping me carry them in. Keep in mind, this is before I had a rolly bag doo hicky.

So he starts asking me questions about hip hop...where I grew up, how old I am. All the while kinda flirty, yet genuinely curious.

I kept listening to him while I was playing...it was dead so I was just putting on long records. Then a little light went off in my head...

and No my dad was not hitting on me (before you get any bright ideas)...

I asked what is last name is. Then I said, "Hm, Well hi! I'm S*m*nth*, your niece!"

His jaw dropppppppppppppppppppppppppped.

haha

Then he went on how proud he is of me, and started calling my dad. It was great!

And ANY dude that had a request or wanted to ask me something that night, had to go through my uncle first

The next week, I hung out with my Dad...and realized exactly where I got all my good looks

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I found out some interesting things from my aunty last time I was in Argentina. Turns out my great grandfather was an OG Player!!!

The story goes that my mums grandfather, who was a chemist, owned 3 pharmacies. One in Buenos Aires and two in some towns a few hours away. He would work in the BA shop 3 days, then travel to the other towns and open the pharmacy there for 2 days and 1 day respectively, then return to BA and etc.

The thing is, old Jose had 3 wives and families, had each of them posted up in a different place, with his main family (my grandad's) being the BA one. Cause of the distances and lack of technology etc back in those days he got away with it for years until one of his daughters from one of his 'town' families got really sick, so that wife came by train to BA looking for him, walks into his pharmacy and says shes wants to speak with Mr R***a, the assistant asks her what does she want, she tells him 'Im his wife", and the assistant is like..."no your not you crazy bitch, I know his wife, you aint her..." blah blah... until my great grand dad came out and shit hit the fan.

He ended up doing 3 years in jail for bigamy, but his first wife (my grandad's mum) forgave him, and so did another one (cus she had no other means of taking care of herself) but the third one wanted blood and pursued it to court.....

Funny thing is the other two families still carry the same last name and have branched off...so theres like 3 splinter groups, one of his 'other' sons ended up a fam ous classical pianist....

Funny shit to find out about your ancestors!!!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Well that explains your tendencies then loko