Anyone have experience with Vestax repairs?

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I need to get my 06 and 05 pro's worked on, on the 06 the cue fade up front is not making full contact unless I fiddle with it and the 05 is just mystery fucked. Does anyone know/have experience sending them to be fixed and if it's best to send them directly to Vestax and if it costs a grip or anything? I did a search for this subject here on the forum and came up empty.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    06 the cue fade up front is not making full contact unless I fiddle with it

This happened to my old 06, too. I managed a temp fix with some tape, but that would wear out quickly. My ultimate solution was to sell the damn thing and buy a Rane 56. Probably not the most encouraging advice here, but when I asked around about it, I was told that sending it off to get repaired was a time-consuming, costly process, so I just opted out of Vestax mixers altogether.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I had a problem with my 05 pro a while ago. Called Vestax and they refered me to an authorized local repair shop which was up the street. I didn't have to pay for anything because the mixer was still covered under warranty. A short whil later I finally got a Rane and haven't looked back since.

• yeah i am pissed about both of them f*cking up on me. i would like to call vestax and get a referral and an estimate in nyc or down in philly. so tell me about this rane, i have always thought they blow red too easily in clubs. i was inclined to get a 4 channel if I have to get another. a G in the toilet with vestax? i hope not

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    so tell me about this rane,

Rane TTM 56. Freakin' fantastic mixer--everything I want, nothing I don't want, very well made, I've not had any problems with it. Since I made the switch to it, I've never had an desire to go back to a Vestax (I do like the weighted Vestax fader a little bit better than the Rane fader, though). If Vestax is going to give you a hassle about getting your mixers fixed, I'd recommend making the jump to the Rane.

Also, for what it's worth, I've heard that the big problem with Vestax is that they switched to a different parts supplier several years back and that the new parts are kinda crappy.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Also, for what it's worth, I've heard that the big problem with Vestax is that they switched to a different parts supplier several years back and that the new parts are kinda crappy.

true. crappy and more expensive than the previous supplier.
    if they're no longer under warranty, do a google search for the faders or try to pull them cheap on ebay. they are a simple plug (no soldering) fix for both the cross and the upfader once you remove the knobs and faceplate on both the 05 and the 06 models. don't be intimidated, it's easy.
    keep in mind, they are contact faders that will wear out again eventually, cosign what everyone else is saying about the rane models. they are top notch.