Introductions...

J_RoyJ_Roy 33 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Hi all,Just wanted to introduce myself to the strut massive. I've been collecting reggae, funk, soul, brazilian. etc, for the past 15yrs. I've been lurking for a minute but I hope I can contribute something in the future to give back to the community. Shouts out to anyone else from Toronto.Peace from the east,JHere's a reggae mix I did a while back, I hope you like it.Reggae Love II - Version LOve mixhttp://www.divshare.com/direct/4834446-7ca.mp3

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Welcome.

U dont have eczema do u?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Do you know this guy:

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    it's was the virgin thread that made you join right?

welcome, thanks for the mix, downloading now.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    hello, also from Toronto.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Welcome aboard. Ras Kass or Jeru?

• Options
    hi, welcome...be brave sometime the strut is harsh.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    hi, welcome...be brave sometime the strut is harsh.

BAN

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Nice Mix

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Be welcome and have fun.

• thank you for the mix, it's full of classics, some of my favorites, and your blends are smooth too.
    hello.

• J_RoyJ_Roy 33 Posts
    no eczema.
    no comment on knowing this guy.
    no to virgin thread, but entertaining
    Hi Bassie!
    I used to like Jeru...
    thanks Cbear.

• thanks for the butter mix,
    keep em coming

hows the girls on yonge street?

say hi to kev

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    hello, also from Toronto.

• whats that at the 16 minute mark???
    edutainment related!

• J_RoyJ_Roy 33 Posts
    Family Man Barrett - Soul Constitution

originally on the Starapple label and reished on a PK 10"

Hi DOR, do I know you or Bassie?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Here's a reggae mix

Good work with the proper apostrophe. Thanks for the tunes.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

You might.

You've been collecting for 15 years right? My family use to own Traxx/Starsound and I had a shop for a year with one of my best friends DJ Serious back around 03/04 before we got bought out.

You probably know bassie as well. Not too many wicked chicks out there playing reggae & soul in the city. If ya don't... She's pretty kewl! She makes a pretty good wingwomen as well!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    DOR... your avatar is giving me both nightmares and fantasies... solid work.

• J_RoyJ_Roy 33 Posts

You might.

You've been collecting for 15 years right? My family use to own Traxx/Starsound and I had a shop for a year with one of my best friends DJ Serious back around 03/04 before we got bought out.

You probably know bassie as well. Not too many wicked chicks out there playing reggae & soul in the city. If ya don't... She's pretty kewl! She makes a pretty good wingwomen as well!

Yeah cool, I bought a lot of records from Traxx back in the day. I'd also been to your record shop a couple times as well. Heard that Aki @Cosmos bought your stock.

I think I may know who Bassie is as well but there are a couple ladies playing reggae out in TO.

I used to spin at the Riv, Beaconsfield and IV lounge on the regular. Now, I'm taking a quick break and thinking of my next move.

Anyways, good to see you up in here and I'm sure our paths will cross again in the real world.

J

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

no comment on knowing this guy.
    INDICATED!

PS welcome

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    welcome to the stut. i look foward to hearing your opinions on race and amy winehouse in future threads.

I am NOT Chocolate.

is Jun your first name? does your last name start with D and end with I and you do lab research?

• J_RoyJ_Roy 33 Posts
    is Jun your first name? does your last name start with D and end with I and you do lab research?

An****eh?

LOL - yup!

• welcome! thanks for the mix...

• J_RoyJ_Roy 33 Posts
    LOL - yup!

Haha, good stuff! Hope you're doing well.

• Welcome

I'm good...I haven't see you in a minute - funny linking up here. Hope all is swell with you, too!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    hey does anyone know about that Footprints thing at the rivoli last saturday of the month? is it a good night (i understan its funk/soul)?. there's one this weekend and im wondering if i should do my bday there.

also are there any places that have the same vibe as "una mas" back in the day?