edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Directed by Spike Lee.Yay or Nay?

Comments

• They both have tax problems, so yeah. DO IT

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Good idea, Snipes can act.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    They both have tax problems, so yeah. DO IT

• it would be interesting to see if dude could sustain a comeback.

quite a fall from Major League and WMCJ to his latest string of DVD turds.

• now thats a good look

• blade gon funky? yay

• i forgot that snipes could act

• if its choreographed like a fight scene; you can bet his dancing will send chills up your spine.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'll believe it if and when I see it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Snipes can act when given the material so I'd be interested to see it if this happens - all signs point to it being pie in the sky though.

Plus it'll keep him away from stepping on Seagal's toes in the eastern euro action genre.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    why not aries spears from mad tv, he does an awesome impression

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    That should have employed the karate/crazy line.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Did I read right that Spike Lee was going to direct this? I admit I've slept on the last few Lee joints, but hasn't he been inconsistent as of late?

• In keeping with the spirit of shitty casting decisions ala Beyonce as Etta James. I elect to cast Alfonso Rebeiro as the Godfather of soul.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    In keeping with the spirit of shitty casting decisions ala Beyonce as Etta James. I elect to cast Alfonso Rebeiro as the Godfather of soul.

Ribeiro would be a bad choice, he's fat as hell, and he's Tomjonsin', not Jamesbrownin'...
    Snipes could do it well. Good draft. Better than a Cuba Gooding (rumors). What about Todd Bridges?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Lee brought out some good things in Snipes in Jungle Fever...he's going to use Brown's own vocals though and not trying to get Snipes to sing like JB like Witherspoon/Phoenix with Carter/Cash in Walk the Line

• W. Snipes has a little touch of the crazy, which could serve him well in portraying the ebony godfather.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts