How Inappropriate is Too Inappropriate (Wedding-R)

2»

Comments

• I think for me the art is playing tunes that are instantly recognizable but are still decent tunes from whatever era e.g

Shake your groove thing "peaches and herb" Disco inferno "tramps" and if possible have the full 12" mixes which often can have extra breakdowns verses etc eg Stones Miss You -extended disco version.

I find common Disco,funk soul is the perfect music to get 15-60yr olds moving more that the 80's stuff but tunes like Tainted Love,blue monday etc are floor fillers.

Obscure version of common songs can work well. Last wedding I played Gloria Jones Tainted Love and moved into the full soft cell Tainted Love/where did our love go extended mix and they loved it.

Some winners for me have been (depending on the crowd)

Shake a tailfeather "blues brothers"
    B52's "rock lobster" ( i once had a whole wedding dance floor lying on the ground in the "going down down.. part"
    Dont leave me this way
    We are Family
    Michael Jackson from ABC to BAD unfuckwithable wedding staples
    James brown I feel good, Sex machine
    Aretha- Sisters Doing for themselves.Respect
    Labelle-Lady marmalade

60's Motown Classics also work

You can do a wedding without playing the shit but its good to have them as back up as some drunken chicks can pretty nasty if you refuse requests for shit like "girls just wanna have fun" (arrggh)

And remember weddings are essentially a form of well paid musical prostitution you feel dirty afterwoods but the money more than makes up for it

As far as innapropriate i have played Blowfly at a wedding but "shake your
    Ass' not "baby can i come in your mouth" people dont really listen to lyrics

• genomgenom 19 Posts
    Gap Band - Drop the bomb on me

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    And remember weddings are essentially a form of well paid musical prostitution you feel dirty afterwoods but the money more than makes up for it

Actually, I'm doing this pro bono, because they're friends of mine.

I'm taking it all down, folks. Keep 'em coming.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Gap Band - Drop The Bomb On Me