the audience doesn't really age well

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
inspired by that post a week ago or so about music or albums that haven't aged well, i was hoping for some funny pics of audiences of musical forms that don't age well. i remember a few years back walking into some messed up club above a shopper's drug mart and it felt like a prom from 1984 or something with some 40 year old new wavish gothish people doing wierd dances, they were a bit like the goth kids from south park x 5.something i really wonder about is how our generation will look like as grandparents...will some still rock music tshirts and baseball caps? gonna look wierd with all the tattoos and piercings...especially those with the loopy inner earing things.anyhow post pics of people that have expired along with the genre they're from, like ravers or something. i think out of all modern musical forms, only rockers into their 50s dont look out of place simply because we've seen that look so often..with canadian tuxedos or whatever.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Fake Prom

My little cuz told me the AC/DC concert he went to was pretty crazy. Tons of people in their late 40's early 50's dressed up in acid wash jeans and their fav rock Tee's yelling rock on.

Oh.. And you wanted pics huh?

1:02

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Fake Prom

My little cuz told me the AC/DC concert he went to was pretty crazy. Tons of people in their late 40's early 50's dressed up in acid wash jeans and their fav rock Tee's yelling rock on.

I had a friend that went to that fake prom thing. not proud of having such a person as a friend.

I think when we start getting enough responses and pics in this thread, it may be suitable to merge this thread with the "old men that look like lesbians" thread

• Oh.. And you wanted pics huh?

mom jeans??

• Fake Prom

I had a similar situation in Toronto back in 06. Had just arrived was going out the 1st night and i see all these older guys rocking the acid was "canadian tuxedo's", and denim jackets with slayer and metallica sewn onto the back. I thought i was in a full time warp (or that canada was a lil behind- haha, playin) then i was informed that some old metal band was in town....can't remember which one now....

mom jeans??

HAHA.. Yeah...

I'm not sure which is worse tho. The jeans or the craptacular dual belt.

in Toronto back in 06. Had just arrived

Nice try! We don't just let any Riffraff into this country. You sure you just weren't in Buffalo???

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

mom jeans??

HAHA.. Yeah...

The combination of both is especially bad, particularly due to the "muffin-top" effect it creates between the belt and the boobies.

• Haha- maybe! Although that means i can't credit T-Dot for the best Peking Duck evah!! I stayed at York Uni....boy was that craptastic!!haha!!
    I appreciate the capital R in Riffraff by the way!!

Haha- maybe! Although that means i can't credit T-Dot for the best Peking Duck evah!! I stayed at York Uni....boy was that craptastic!!haha!!
    I appreciate the capital R in Riffraff by the way!!

Speaking of best ever Peking Duck... I had the best this weekend at a CNY dinner. It was Awesome-O!

York hahaha. Tho I do feel bad for those students up there right now. But, for next time. Never stay up that way... You might as well have stayed in Buffalo.

Your Welcome Riffraff

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

mom jeans??

She has that pancake booty thing going on!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

mom jeans??

The weird belt doesn't bug me - she's just hot enuff to pull it off - but what's with the drug-dealer beeper? Guess it must have come free with those tacky high-waisted jeans.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

mom jeans??

The weird belt doesn't bug me - she's just hot enuff to pull it off - but what's with the drug-dealer beeper? Guess it must have come free with those tacky high-waisted jeans.

Isnt that Beeper a Mic/Sound thingy?

b/w

• Front-Butt.

Yeah, looks like a sennheiser wireless pack for the mic.

mom jeans??

b/w

oh yeah, she looks a mess from the waist down, but the pants can always come OFF, you know...

• I just saw that clip on the soup last night......man it made me laugh so hard!!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Please to drop where/how such video > gif business is done.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I just saw that clip on the soup last night......man it made me laugh so hard!!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

mom jeans??

HAHA.. Yeah...

The combination of both is especially bad, particularly due to the "muffin-top" effect it creates between the belt and the boobies.

Yes...that and the early stages of cunt-gut between the belt and the crotchal region.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

Nothing wrong with the jeans, it's just that she doesn't have the right type of body to be wearing them. They look better on tall thin women. Think Jessica Beals. She'd probably look hot in those.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    And to answer the original thread question, the drum & bass crowd did not age well at all. I'd say that rockers aged better than the meth'd out d&b kids, still wearing the same salty sweat stained sideways polo caps and big pants from more than a decade ago.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Nothing wrong with the jeans, it's just that she doesn't have the right type of body to be wearing them. They look better on tall thin women. Think Jessica Beals. She'd probably look hot in those.

I'm not mad that she gained weight. Better that than wasting away into nothing on some Skeletorette shit. But she should be rocking a flowy top or something that drapes down to cover that whole area. She should not be attempting that outfit right now. Especially not the belt.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    And to answer the original thread question, the drum & bass crowd did not age well at all. I'd say that rockers aged better than the meth'd out d&b kids, still wearing the same salty sweat stained sideways polo caps and big pants from more than a decade ago.

That's just like....your opinion, maaan.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Nothing wrong with the jeans, it's just that she doesn't have the right type of body to be wearing them. They look better on tall thin women.

it's hard to say - I need to see head-to-toe shot. but yea, the belt, which is terrible, brings the waistline up too high and does not make her upper body look that good...it's not a good way to divide the body, especially if the top half is not that long.

hard to pull those off if you have a gut, otherwise, I've seen some shorter gals sport the high-waist pants nicely.

a simple tucked-in short sleeve button-up would look good with those jeans.

what's with the soap opera hair-do?

Nothing wrong with the jeans, it's just that she doesn't have the right type of body to be wearing them. They look better on tall thin women.

it's hard to say - I need to see head-to-toe shot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...ier-figure.html

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    yea, the belt needs to go - really messes with her proportions. the top looks frumpy.
    she looks good still, but the kit doesn't do her justice. nor does that hair.

it's hard to say - I need to see head-to-toe shot.

I don't care WHAT the tabloids say - Jessica herself still looks good.

But those jeans are just a little too shapeless to take seriously.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Man, this is a terrible look, someone should have stepped and told her to ditch these things.