russian heat ---> ensemble melodia

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2lm8AC2qFk........so did this soundtrack ever get released on wax ???

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    also curious bout what other records ensemble melodia did that are dope..?

this i like

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    paging sheep

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    That album is called Labirinth, should be found on gemm from time to time. The rest of their catalog is average. You might want to peep Plays Duke Ellington and Concert In Bombay which have "funky" moments. They also did a hair soundtrack which is kinda ridiculous, come to think of it....

That soundtrack you posted did get released on wax, but it's nearly impossible to find. I however my spare copy if you want to trade me... hit me up... it's bonkers...

bev

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    PM HAS BEEN SENT AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!!!!!

PM HAS BEEN SENT AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!!!!!

2 parsecs

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Damn, Sheep's always got the Russian hook ups. Hey Sheep, do you happen to know the film's title?

• I don't know the title, but I found one of their records in Havana.. purple/blue-ish cover with yellow lettering across. very nice record overall, has some mindblowing moments for sampling purposes if you're into that sorta thing

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

Doubtful anyone there would be much of a help...

unless it was DJ Sheep

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    or russian

• link

this is the soundtrack LP to videoclip from first post. rare, but i saw one cheap copy at ebay lately, one went for ca 20. i guess it would help to search for gradsky, who is composer.

Quite a rare piece, rarely turns up, multiple pressings each varying in cover as well as sound quality, the Georgian pressing being the least in both categories... There was also export copies made with slightly higher quality in pressing.

I don't know the title, but I found one of their records in Havana.. purple/blue-ish cover with yellow lettering across. very nice record overall, has some mindblowing moments for sampling purposes if you're into that sorta thing

problem with Russian records is that the covers varied. There are multiple Melodia stock sleeves... some with flours on them, others with rainbow gradients... so it's a bit hard to tell. There were 5 different pressing plants around USSR and they all pressed different covers. If you post the label of the record you found, I'll be able to tell u what it is...

b

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Picked this one up over the weekend.
    Can anybody give me a name or other info?
    Pretty tight.

• Not to hijack, but how common/rare are those Polish Jazz titles in europe? Or the Muza label in general?

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Not to hijack, but...?

anyone kopw much about Russian 'bone' records? I read on Wikiwikiwiki that the Russkies would make acetate like bootleg versions of records on old x rays... especially aot of banned music....

• IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA, ACETATE BOOTLEG YOU!!

• Not to hijack, but how common/rare are those Polish Jazz titles in europe? Or the Muza label in general?

i think in the more eastern parts of europe they're pretty easy to find - -i went to Berlin and Budapest semi-recnetly and (especially in budapest) there was czech and polish stuff everywhere!! good city for digging.

• a friend of mine has that Gradsky - "love and romance" ost ----- it is effing nuts!! scary drums all over the place!

i'd love a copy of that....

I got the majority of my Muza stuff in Russia actually... all that stuff, including String Beat, Novi Bossa Nova, etc. is findable out there. Stuff like Arp Life, the SBBs, etc. is very much in abundance... the key with traveling is finding what you can of the local stuff when it's cheap and buying other countries raers there, its cheaper. French records were WAY cheaper in Spain than France!

Looks like I got a gig in Kazahkstan, so will be making a stop to Ruski fo shizzz!

peace.

• Picked this one up over the weekend.
    Can anybody give me a name or other info?
    Pretty tight.

name as transliterated would be "Samotsvety", it translates as 'gems'. it's very popular soviet vocal instrumental group. so this record can't be rare, i guess it might be their second album, hard to tell without tracklist/catalogue nr, as melodiya used same covers for different records or different covers for same one. i'm searching for first edition of their first album myself, it has one great track, which is missing on more widely available edition.

• radrad 51 Posts
    I got the majority of my Muza stuff in Russia actually... all that stuff, including String Beat, Novi Bossa Nova, etc. is findable out there. Stuff like Arp Life, the SBBs, etc. is very much in abundance... the key with traveling is finding what you can of the local stuff when it's cheap and buying other countries raers there, its cheaper. French records were WAY cheaper in Spain than France!

Looks like I got a gig in Kazahkstan, so will be making a stop to Ruski fo shizzz!

peace.

Word!

Records like String Beat, Novi singers are not common in Poland anymore.