Celebrities diggin in the crates

SoundclashSoundclash 77 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Have you ever seen a TV-film-sports-politics... celebrity diggin for records??also, are you aware of any of them who??s a big record collector??

Comments

• Have you ever seen a TV-film-sports-politics... celebrity diggin for records??

also, are you aware of any of them who??s a big record collector??

Thurston Moore...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    One of the dudes in this photo is a pretty big record nerd. I've seen him a few times buying and he knows his shit on the type of music he collects.

Would he be the biggest name celeb?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

No, it would be Thurston Moore, because we all know how he loves to walk the red carpet with his chanteuse, Kim Gordon, and influence people on the importance of 16 Bitch Pile Up.

No, it would be Thurston Moore, because we all know how he loves to walk the red carpet with his chanteuse, Kim Gordon, and influence people on the importance of 16 Bitch Pile Up.

haha. My bad.

I didn't think we were including musicians... Thurston Moore4life

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I heard karim Abdul Jabar was until he lost his collection when his house burnt down.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i am a big collector so....

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    One of the dudes in this photo is a pretty big record nerd. I've seen him a few times buying and he knows his shit on the type of music he collects.

Yes, Chris Penn was a huge Turkish Psych collector.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    its not so unusual for a musician to be a crate digger, you see that all the time

• bill cosby.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I vaguely remember an old thread about Dillon's extensive record collection. What does the dude collect again?

I vaguely remember an old thread about Dillon's extensive record collection. What does the dude collect again?

That's who I was talkin' about above.

I heard his Jazz, Blues & Latin collection is pretty damn tight. Pretty big collection aswell.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Reynaldo's throwaways.

Reynaldo's throwaways.

To be fair, that's everyone who buys off ebay no?

• Dillon's latin collection could fit Reynaldo's ego in one corner of it, his records in another, and his estate in the unsorted boxes downstairs.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I heard karim Abdul Jabar was until he lost his collection when his house burnt down.

I'm gonna get the chance to meet Kareem in a couple of weeks and I intended on asking him about his collection....if it happens I'll report back.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    wasnt there some amazing pic of Steven Segal at a record store??

• Isn't Conan a Rocabilly digger?

• I vaguely remember an old thread about Dillon's extensive record collection. What does the dude collect again?

Brazilian, yes?

• AFRICAN

• john cusack, one of the reasons why he wanted to get the rights to high fidelity so badly

woody allen, collects 78's

i have seen tracy morgan buying records on several occasions in LA

i heard salma hayek collects 45's and hides them in her butt crack

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've sold records to this guy...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

anyone who can post a pic of this is the g.o.a.t.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I think Hook Up took it in the shop he used to work at, but I'm surprised no one's posted it yet. I'm sure it's saved on many a 'Strutters hard drive.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

I think Hook Up took it in the shop he used to work at, but I'm surprised no one's posted it yet. I'm sure it's saved on many a 'Strutters hard drive.

• -------Yes!!!

• chrischris 287 Posts
    qualifications may be dubious, but this dude:

definitely SEALED OR BETTER.

• wasnt there some amazing pic of Steven Segal at a record store??

O.M.G. !!!!!!

• I'm not sure if he's considered a celebrity to Soulstrut dudes, but John Varvatos is a huge record collector. He says music is a huge, perhaps his main, inspiration for his work. I'm not sure which genre he collects though.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    lulz @ Strapping Fieldhands.