Weekend Finds

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Rey, ringwear????

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Anybody ride for Peggy Scott/Jo Jo Benson "Soulshake" LP? I bought it for 3 bucks and put it on just now. Pretty damn good. Also bought and listened to "Kind of Blue" for the first time in its entirety. Pretty good. Record Surplus has been relatively weak these past few months.

Rey, ringwear????

Haha!

But it was $6.95 with free shipping--I couldn't resist!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Also bought and listened to "Kind of Blue" for the first time in its entirety.

(The Full Experience-rltd.)

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Anybody ride for Peggy Scott/Jo Jo Benson "Soulshake" LP? I bought it for 3 bucks and put it on just now. Pretty damn good. Also bought and listened to "Kind of Blue" for the first time in its entirety. Pretty good. Record Surplus has been relatively weak these past few months.

love that Peggy/JoJo record! And their other one on SSS is awesome, with tracks like "magic fingers".

• from the last 10 days or so...playin all of these over and over...
    the flip of this first one may be the toughest "Watermelon Man" bite evar

and 2 classics that I cant believe it took until 2009 for clean copies of to cross my path

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Karlophone has been finding some good stuff!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

I went to an estate sale this morning. Mad grippers showed up to buy records. Someone running the estate sale came outside and announced that "the records and stereo equipment are in the garage and we are about to open the door". There was a mad rush to the door and when it opened it was like a pack of wolves on a carcass. 20 people trying to get at 14 or so crates.

Here's what I left with. No raers but cheap enough to pickup anyway.

• This is a bad-ass record! I picked it up years ago after hearing it on a Northern Soul comp and spun it last year at one of the Asbury Park 45 Sessions and people were freaking out.

• Anybody ride for Peggy Scott/Jo Jo Benson "Soulshake" LP? I bought it for 3 bucks and put it on just now. Pretty damn good.

Can't go wrong with this LP. Electric sitar for days!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    bought and listened to "Kind of Blue" for the first time in its entirety. Pretty good.

pretty good? you must be harder to impress than my girl

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

Wow, that looks a lot like R*bert Wel*s over at the Ann Arbor soul club.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    thrift find, file under: kraut-beat sitar freakout lets have a party maybe do a little acid..

• I went to an estate sale this morning. Mad grippers showed up to buy records. Someone running the estate sale came outside and announced that "the records and stereo equipment are in the garage and we are about to open the door". There was a mad rush to the door and when it opened it was like a pack of wolves on a carcass. 20 people trying to get at 14 or so crates.

were the records advertised or do the gripper wolves just show up for all estate sales in your area? that collection must have been decent if your 'scraps' are that interesting. im just curious. ive been to a few estates and the ones i went to barely mentioned records at all and though the collections werent that hot, there wasnt much competition, most dudes seems to focus in other areas.

• wowww, shazam, "Boom"? US label or an NZ thing? big $ or bargain? Ive seen that once, for $200, and ive sort of kicked myself for not going for it.

• wowww, shazam, "Boom"? US label or an NZ thing? big $ or bargain? Ive seen that once, for $200, and ive sort of kicked myself for not going for it.

That's what I was wondering. OG Boom/Introducing? Congratu-freaking-lations!

• Ordered this for the shop and am listening to it right now. Wow!

whats the deal?? someone was trying to get me to cop the other day. i balked at the $25 price tag, but i remain curious

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Recent acquisitions:

(thanks Sweatshop!)
    (thanks deliriocaldo!)

And this secret squirrel Brazilian/lounge track:
    Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

Haven't seen this Yambu before. Whats teh deal?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

wowww, shazam, "Boom"? US label or an NZ thing? big $ or bargain? Ive seen that once, for $200, and ive sort of kicked myself for not going for it.

Uh, I see Norton and Beatrocket logos on those covers, respectively.

I just see little blurry things...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Haven't seen this Yambu before. Whats teh deal?

It's - I think - their 3rd album? Came out after "African Queen" I believe. Most of it is uneventful boleros and salsa cuts but I got it mostly for this one instrumental track, "Don't Blow Your Cool" (which is also on 45). There's another decent Latin jazz cut on here too, "A College Composition."

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    grabbed this for 2 kroner (under 50 cents).. anyway i was suprised that the record actually contains a track where sandy nelson doesnt do the usual rutine, he experiments with weird tape voices and space sounds, pretty out of the ordinary for the dude..

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

wowww, shazam, "Boom"? US label or an NZ thing? big $ or bargain? Ive seen that once, for $200, and ive sort of kicked myself for not going for it.

I just see little blurry things...
    Yep, reissues, but probably the closest I'll ever get to affordable clean originals "Boom" is such a great album.

Ordered this for the shop and am listening to it right now. Wow!

whats the deal?? someone was trying to get me to cop the other day. i balked at the $25 price tag, but i remain curious
    don't tell