[/img]

UTTER CACK SCANDI MULLET BOX SHOULDER JACKET WITH ARMS ROLLED TO ELBOW TURD

[/img]

[/img]

LOL

[/img]

HOLY f*cking GRAIL OF KIDS 45s

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    More of a quest ended then a find. Funk ya.

Great version of the Clap Song, starts at ~ 5:45 on the soundfile. Less organic but tighter then the one on the Gaston LP.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    nice find

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Damn, I was watching that one on the bay but the condition was VG so I didn't bite. Still went for like $102

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I got in touch with the dude...and asked about the condition before bidding, it's flawless. I never wanted to spring the crazy $$ on it, so I've waited over 5 yrs.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    another crack in a big barrel

^^michael perlitch has one spooky ass synth proto prog thing and the rest is kinda random folkie/ehh.

^^&vv got access to an amazing accumulation of strata east and black jazz titles.
    i leaned toward the more spiritual/avant and avoided the more trad stuff as they
    were all the same price and buying 60+ pieces was not in my cards.

^^ da winners

hit some qty in the 45s as seen below.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    nice 45s. I also really like the Art Blakey LP "Child's Dance" or whatever it's called. How's that Jay & the Techniques compare to "Apple Peaches Pumpkin Pie"? I've never seen that one before.

nice 45s. I also really like the Art Blakey LP "Child's Dance" or whatever it's called. How's that Jay & the Techniques compare to "Apple Peaches Pumpkin Pie"? I've never seen that one before.

all Jay +the T's is spotty for me, this one no exception. I like about every other song. the ones i dont like, its only because theyre not, er... soulful??? enough for me. you know, sorta too pop, or not tough enough production or something. But i had never seen it before either and a quick needle drop confirmed that there were some decent tracks, similar to the Apples, peaches LP. i honestly havent given it a full listen yet though.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Good skillz with the Kellee Patterson/Doug Carns. The drumming on "Maiden Voyage" is mighty!

all Jay +the T's is spotty for me, this one no exception. I like about every other song. the ones i dont like, its only because theyre not, er... soulful??? enough for me. you know, sorta too pop, or not tough enough production or something. But i had never seen it before either and a quick needle drop confirmed that there were some decent tracks, similar to the Apples, peaches LP. i honestly havent given it a full listen yet though.
    I know what you mean. Every 2nd track definitely hits the nail on the head regarding J&tT.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Latin jazz with absurd lyrics.

this is so great, thanks for sharing it!

• Latin jazz with absurd lyrics.

this is so great, thanks for sharing it!

Known for chaffing anthony pearson's balls.

• that guy sounds like david byrne

• some trades and other stuff - always a pleasure to trade with mdejean:

CHICAGO (second album- - just as much fun as the first. good stuff)
    JAZZ-ROCKOVA DILNA (czech jazz rcok comp - jazz Q, impuls etc... i traded my copy off a while back a missed it. great cover of herbie hancock's "sly")
    NERO'S DETROIT SOUL PARTY (klaus doldinger by any other name... the original compositions are the only ones to write home about here. whats the other nero soul party one like??)
    ANDRE BRASSEUR (great fun)
    FELIX CAVALIERE (totally lame AOR/yacht rock stuff unti lthe last track - "i am free" -a monster rundgren-esque space rock jam. no suprise that it features rundgren on geetar.)
    GONG - "camembert electrique" (great fun, now i really want "gong es mort")
    J.SCOUT HILL, J. BARBATA, C. ETHRIDGE - "l.a. getaway" (nice fuzzy blues/country rock with a kind of stoney vibe)
    JACKIE LOMAX (never seen this album of his before - funky country-ish rock. no "sour milk sea" equivilant though. shame)

plus some 45's:
    PENTANGLE - "i saw an angel" (nice to finally nab for cheap. great song)
    CRABBY APPLETON - "try" (i shall try playing this out soon - see where it gets me!)
    MONKEES - "porpoise song" (great to have on 45. what a lovely tune)
    THE BIG GUYS -"zombie" (killer surf insto)

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Damn Karlophone (again)! Can you remember any of the shit you got 6 months ago?

Just wanted to say that Ross Carnegie has been the "featured performance artist/pianist in the Westchester Mall in Whiteplains, NY for the past 13 years."

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

JACKIE LOMAX (never seen this album of his before - funky country-ish rock. no "sour milk sea" equivilant though. shame)

Good album.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

Good album.

The Eagle Laughs At You =

• The Eagle Laughs At You =

yeah - -that is one of my fav double-sider 45's.... gets lots of play out.

• Dammit! That was you! I put in a low bid, I need it to complete the Mio discog!

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts

Rey,

I love this track, never knew it was on 45. If you're not feeling it please let me know. Trades and cash waiting!

how many records reside in the black hole of your latin collection now?? it seems as though it's a never ending stream of it through the finds threads over the last few years. Good stuff.

• NERO'S DETROIT SOUL PARTY (klaus doldinger by any other name... the original compositions are the only ones to write home about here. whats the other nero soul party one like??)

love that record. thanks for the klaus doldinger knowledge

how many records reside in the black hole of your latin collection now??
    A modest 286 LPs and 200 45s--tip of the iceberg...

• Ordered this for the shop and am listening to it right now. Wow!