putting labels back on 45s - best method?

Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
any recommended glues that won't bleed through the paper, but will keep the label stuck to the record?

Comments

• staple gun

seriously, a little rubber cement maybe?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    stop taking them off in the first place?

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    stop taking them off in the first place?

Thanks for making record collecting much less fun. I have always treated 45s kinda like beer bottles -- trying to peel the label off to see if I can get the whole thing in tact. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It just helps to pass those long hours I spend drinking beer and listening to 45s all alone.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    If that's what you consider fun, then I think I just did you a service!

• Thanks for making record collecting much less fun. I have always treated 45s kinda like beer bottles -- trying to peel the label off to see if I can get the whole thing in tact. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It just helps to pass those long hours I spend drinking beer and listening to 45s all alone.

haha. But seriously, why is your 45 adapter on your 45 which is not on a record player?

you really dont see a 1200 platter in the lower left hand corner...ever see a slipmat with a picture on it?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    glue stick

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Thanks for making record collecting much less fun. I have always treated 45s kinda like beer bottles -- trying to peel the label off to see if I can get the whole thing in tact. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It just helps to pass those long hours I spend drinking beer and listening to 45s all alone.

haha. But seriously, why is your 45 adapter on your 45 which is not on a record player?

Don't believe Hook Up. I like to play with my records on the living room floor. I put a slip mat down, with a 45 adapter in the middle. I put the 45s down and spin them around with my finger while singing the song as I think it might sound. Of course, I peel the labels off first.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    glue stick

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Don't believe Hook Up. I like to play with my records on the living room floor. I put a slip mat down, with a 45 adapter in the middle. I put the 45s down and spin them around with my finger while singing the song as I think it might sound. Of course, I peel the labels off first.

Now that's a side of you I've never seen.

• Everytime I find anything on the Arock label (Diplomats, mostly) the labels are loose or have already fallen off.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Everytime I find anything on the Arock label (Diplomats, mostly) the labels are loose or have already fallen off.
    It seems to happen to me with Red Bird (issues only, promos tend to be glued better). I have a few Red Bird 45s where one or both labels now reside in the bottom of the sleeve. Stupid styrene.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Everytime I find anything on the Arock label (Diplomats, mostly) the labels are loose or have already fallen off.
    It seems to happen to me with Red Bird (issues only, promos tend to be glued better). I have a few Red Bird 45s where one or both labels now reside in the bottom of the sleeve. Stupid styrene.

It's happened to me with the Sunset label...on LP's, oddly enough...damn shellac.