right wing radio

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
anyone listen to a few moments of this since Tuesday?OMFG!I had the local crazy right wing station on as I like to do sometimes to hear what they are up to. Usually it angries up my blood, I yell and cuss while I drive then I reiterate what I heard to whomever and we have a "those crazy bastards" moment together...then it is done...Well, last night I was listening while I was driving home from work...my anger turn to teary-eyed laughter...from "is Obama really president? he didnt have his hand on the bible!" to "Inaugaration day made me ashamed to be an american...posters of the man everywhere...hundreds of thousands of CRAZED people chanting and crying...you know where you see this behavior?...dictator-led banana republics and Nazi Germany!""Closing gitmo will mean the death of thousands of children" ...this is just the tip of the iceberg..the far right is seriously going insane that Obama is president, I know this isnt any new news...but their rhetoric has gone from the offensive to the in-fuggin-sane..AND IT HAS ONLY BEEN THREE DAYS....these fuckers are going to spontaneously combust...I love it.

Comments

• I think I posted this in another thread, but some crazy woman who works with my wife called out of work because she was having anxiety attacks over Obama being president.

• I think I posted this in another thread, but some crazy woman who works with my wife called out of work because she was having anxiety attacks over Obama being president.

awesome.

These fuggers will be walking the streets wearing football helmets and diapers in a matter of months...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Love it or leave it right?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Have you been living under a rock ... in a cave ... on the moon. Do you think the left - Cousing Lefty being a perfect example - acted any different with regards to Bush/Cheney?

• The difference is, we're right

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Besides, the reinstitution of the Fairness Doctrine is gunna shut that dissent down - tout suite.

• Love it or leave it right?

just the fact that folks deep rooted ignorance is lending itself to insane babble, medical and psychological disorders shows how much people believe in "kill em all, let god sort them out" and that is terrifying, but oh so satisfying to see their worldview crumble before them...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I listened to a lot of Right Wing radio in the run-up to the election but I am in no rush to tune in anymore. They had the last eight years for their agenda. But now, we got President Obama on TV... wearing a flag lapel pin.

• Have you been living under a rock ... in a cave ... on the moon. Do you think the left - Cousing Lefty being a perfect example - acted any different with regards to Bush/Cheney?

No, it was just when Bush/Cheney were in office the "patriot act" was passed and civil liberties were pissed upon... any dissent was seen as "unamerican" and people who said such things were "un-american"

I suppose the left's dissent was taken more seriously because it actually had gravity and truth involved...this right wing babble is just, well, hilarious for lack of a better word..

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The difference is, we're right

Oh, yeah!

And in all fairness, I was suffering anxiety attacks that Bush was president, but they never impeded my ability to post on Soulstr-, I mean, come to work.

• Have you been living under a rock ... in a cave ... on the moon. Do you think the left - Cousing Lefty being a perfect example - acted any different with regards to Bush/Cheney?

I went to work. I mean, I collected my welfare check and dank beer on the couch.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The left wing loonies claimed everything from Bush would place the country under Martial Law and stop Obama from taking office to Sara Palin's child was really her daughters and she was covering up for her to maintain some sort of Christian Values.

And you think the absurdity and ignorance of the right wing loonies is somehow different?

Really?

• My dad swore that Obama would be killed or otherwise somehow barred from taking the presidency.

He's an old lefty. Poor guy exemplifies the boomer political scene that's totally out the window now.

• Yes rock I do...Im not talking about "this could happen IF", the IF already happened, Obama is president. Sarah Palin's kid had nothing to do with the the end of the world...the Palin thing was just throwing mud to try to discredit her...This INSANE babble I am hearing is that since Obama is president the world is going to end, America will be a banana republic..this is BEYOND "who is the real mother?"

But the left's dissent obviously had some truth and had the right shook because look at the extent the Bush administration went to...Patriot Act, torture, secret prisons...yes, rock this is different, but in a good way, because this right wing radio things are ridiculous and funny...no acts are going to be passed to try and quiet this dissent...the right wing loonies are clearly in the minority as all they have is AM radio to say their crazy shit...the left's dissent had a real effect on America, it said "no more" and elected Obama.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    It's probably going to ratchet up over the next few years too. I know a guy who went out and bought all of the guns he could afford before the year ended. Some of these wacko-neocons are seriously disturbed. People like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity know this - and continue to bait them because their sensationalist rants translate into market share for their radio shows. The trouble is that many people buy into that schtick.

We can probably begin the countdown now before the first Republican congressman calls for Obama's impeachment. I think they're going to go for blood instead of tend to the needs of the country. This all sounds very dramatic, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. If you think it's bad now.....give it some time.

• My dad swore that Obama would be killed or otherwise somehow barred from taking the presidency.

He's an old lefty. Poor guy exemplifies the boomer political scene that's totally out the window now.

I know a certain strutter/heavy hitter who would say pretty much this exact same thing
    I have many IM conversations logged where I was preparing my "I told you so" routine after Obama was elected POTUS.

• remember Eddie Murphy's "first black president" routine from "Delirious"? What was that 83? 84? Saying the first black president would have to make speeches running around so no one could get a good aim on him...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    The left wing loonies claimed everything from Bush would place the country under Martial Law and stop Obama from taking office to Sara Palin's child was really her daughters and she was covering up for her to maintain some sort of Christian Values.

And you think the absurdity and ignorance of the right wing loonies is somehow different?

Really?

Bugging out over the Iraq War and Katrina is not the same as "Why does everyone LOVE him so much, go worship your messiah!". Shit is just not substantive, straight up. Which isn't to say people weren't bugging from the jump about Bush before everything went down, but as Jonny said, they were right; dude fucked up everything besides African aid!

I guess people we're hoping in the current crisis environment people could withhold judgment for more than 72 hours, but I guess we'll just have to call the

• The left wing loonies claimed everything from Bush would place the country under Martial Law and stop Obama from taking office to Sara Palin's child was really her daughters and she was covering up for her to maintain some sort of Christian Values.

Really?

Bugging out over the Iraq War and Katrina is not the same as "Why does everyone LOVE him so much, go worship your messiah!". Shit is just not substantive, straight up. Which isn't to say people weren't bugging from the jump about Bush before everything went down, but as Jonny said, they were right; dude fucked up everything besides African aid!

I guess people we're hoping in the current crisis environment people could withhold judgment for more than 72 hours, but I guess we'll just have to call the

thank you, you said it much better than I did

Really?

I use Martial Law and Palin's kid as an example of left wing lunacy and you somehow interpret that as Katrina and Iraq.

You guys only see what you want to....like the guy who doesn't smell his own B.O.

• The left wing loonies claimed everything from Bush would place the country under Martial Law and stop Obama from taking office to Sara Palin's child was really her daughters and she was covering up for her to maintain some sort of Christian Values.

Really?

I use Martial Law and Palin's kid as an example of left wing lunacy and you somehow interpret that as Katrina and Iraq.

You guys only see what you want to....like the guy who doesn't smell his own B.O.

Uhhhhh..rock, I addressed your example of Palin...and Katrina is when the Martial law stuff started...You really dont see ANY difference between "the world is going to end" 72 hours into a new presidency and "Sarah Palin is not the mother"..Really, you dont see any difference? Talk about seeing what you only want to see..

Really?

Uhhhhh..rock, I addressed your example of Palin...and Katrina is when the Martial law stuff started...You really dont see ANY difference between "the world is going to end" 72 hours into a new presidency and "Sarah Palin is not the mother"..Really, you dont see any difference? Talk about seeing what you only want to see..

You obviously don't listen to talk radio much...or it's very different in Memphis than Texas.

I don't see much difference between right wing loons stating the world is going to end because Obama is Prez and left wing loons stating Obama would be prevented from taking office by Martial Law.

They are both ignorant......I'm not interested in arguing which one has the higher degree of ignorance because quite frankly that is usually determined by each individual based on what side of the fence they reside.

I find the loons on both sides ridiculous and can't imagine defending either of them.

Rock, I listen to a good deal of lefty radio--a lot of it too lefty even for me--and I'm pretty sure that when people are talking about Bush and martial law and stuff, it's hyperbole.

Now, I don't listen to any right wing radio at all, so I ask you guys: when they're talking about the end of safety for the children because Obama's taking steps at Gitmo, is it hyperbole? Or is it serious?

It's all hyperbole to rile up the loons on the opposite side.

It obviously works.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    One of these assholes yesterday was screaming about how The White man has become a target in america and how its the end for the White Man etc etc.... I don't even know who it was but the dude was bat shit crazy.

One of these assholes yesterday was screaming about how The White man has become a target in america and how its the end for the White Man etc etc.... I don't even know who it was but the dude was bat shit crazy.

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post1259917

• If you want to see some real unhinged partisan action, take a voyeuristic gander at THESE boards:

http://forums.hannity.com/

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    So Rock, just so I'm clear, your comparison is between an anonymous Daily Kos blogger and, for example Limbaugh, the most popular broadcaster in the nation who reaches minimum 13 million people a week, gets paid hundreds of millions of dollars to do it, and has had both private meetings with the president and on-air calls from him.

I must have missed when Obama called in to the 9/11 truther internet radio show.....

So Rock, just so I'm clear, your comparison is between an anonymous Daily Kos blogger and, for example Limbaugh, the most popular broadcaster in the nation who reaches minimum 13 million people a week, gets paid hundreds of millions of dollars to do it, and has had both private meetings with the president and on-air calls from him.

I must have missed when Obama called in to the 9/11 truther internet radio show.....

No...my comparison is Limbaugh and the likes of Bill Maher and the people who follow either one with any degree of seriousness.

• So Rock, just so I'm clear, your comparison is between an anonymous Daily Kos blogger and, for example Limbaugh, the most popular broadcaster in the nation who reaches minimum 13 million people a week, gets paid hundreds of millions of dollars to do it, and has had both private meetings with the president and on-air calls from him.

No...my comparison is Limbaugh and the likes of Bill Maher and the people who follow either one with any degree of seriousness.

Bill Maher hasn't got anything like the audience/reach/following of someone like Limbaugh, or Hannity, or O'Reilly, or Michael Savage etc etc etc

Rock, I listen to a good deal of lefty radio--a lot of it too lefty even for me--and I'm pretty sure that when people are talking about Bush and martial law and stuff, it's hyperbole.

Now, I don't listen to any right wing radio at all, so I ask you guys: when they're talking about the end of safety for the children because Obama's taking steps at Gitmo, is it hyperbole? Or is it serious?

It's all hyperbole to rile up the loons on the opposite side.

It obviously works.

Yeah, I believe that. Here's one standing difference though: the right wing dudes making these claims are big names who command attention...O'Reilley? Limbaugh? (I'm not really sure, cos I'm not listening). Who are the lefties engaging in this hyperbole? No one even knows their names. I don't at least. But the big lefty media names--Jon Stewart? Colbert? even Amy Goodman?--don't engage in that kind of baloney, and I think that's respectable.

Well...this thread was started about a local Memphis talk radio show and it's callers....I'm certain I don't know the name of said Memphis host.

If you are listening to left wing stations that engage in hyperbole you should know who the hosts are......and I'm certain you're not the only one listening.