Geraldo Pino RIP...

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
http://combandrazor.blogspot.com/"I just learned this afternoon that the great Geraldo Pino--the man who brought soul music to Nigeria--passed away last month. Can't believe I missed that... Considering the fact that he seems to have died on the same day as Miriam Makeba, I suppose it's somewhat understandable that the news might have been overshadowed a bit."RIP.Peace,Dress

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Holy shit. This is bad news. So did he actually pass in 2008?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Man..that's a bummer, r.i.p.

• Wow, RIP.

• HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY

RIP

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    A man so funky he even had fela running scared. RIP

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I always wondered what the deal was w/ those Suzumi 45's. Are they legit or are they UK bootlegs on a fake label. I recall hearing both stories.

rip - his stuff was for the lack of a better term, heavy!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm really sorry to hear that.

I was actually moved to spend real money on those 45s last year and that is a very rare occurance for me these days...

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I always wondered what the deal was w/ those Suzumi 45's. Are they legit or are they UK bootlegs on a fake label. I recall hearing both stories.

rip - his stuff was for the lack of a better term, heavy!

I bought a copy of Heavy, Heavy, Heavy from the one known as [email]J@sh[/email] and he said he dug several up at an extra dusty attic type spot when he was in Egypt...So that leads me to believe they are legit presses...If not, it's still a damn good record.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    As far as I know, those 45s are bootlegs from Kenya that were pressed in the 70s. Both 45s turned up in quantity a few years ago.
    They sound like ass and you're much better off with the LP re-issue on Soundway.