Offensive Obama Jokes.

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362092I found this following a link back from my blog. Really surprised me to see so many jokes so offensive and no one objecting. This is a car audio forum. Apparently saying "watermelon patch" is very funny.

Comments

• He's president. Now everything is permissible.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I was thinking about this the other day when watching Letterman. Obviously being president makes Obama a public figure and target for jokes etc but how will this be handled...

Most comedians usually focus on the most obvious things, and there is alot of 'physical' based humor used by comics and cartoonist... Ive seen Obama's ears and slim body satarised/made fun off in some cartoons, but apart from the New Yorker cover I havent seen anything too politically incorrect (can you be politically incorrect if your making fun of politicians???)

So hows it going to be handled now? what will be acceptable and what wont.... Will there be certain jokes that a black comedian will be able to get away with that a white one wont?

I am certain someone will cross the line in a bad way soon, just trying to figure out who its going to be.... I hope it doesnt get to a level where Michael Richards is doing Obama impersonations.....

BTW the carforum jokes are worse than offensive...they are not even funny...just dumb redneck slurs.... skinheads are going to have to lift their game and come with some better gags....

• Options
    Will there be certain jokes that a black comedian will be able to get away with that a white one wont?

Is this a serious question? C'mon man. I didn't click on the link Dan posted, but what do you folks really expect? Offensive jokes have been written forever and always will be. Just don't give them an audience if you don't like them. I mean Dan, seriously...were you surprised to find a little corner of cyberspace that has offensive Obama jokes written? Who knows, dig deeper you might find some McCain/Palin joints out there too.

• For a little while at least Obama jokes are gonna be tough going for writers on Letterman, Leno, Conan, etc. Bush was such an easy target. Comedians are going to have to work hard for a while or hope Paris or Britney or Mel Gibson do something stupid again.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Will there be certain jokes that a black comedian will be able to get away with that a white one wont?

Is this a serious question? C'mon man. I didn't click on the link Dan posted, but what do you folks really expect? Offensive jokes have been written forever and always will be. Just don't give them an audience if you don't like them. I mean Dan, seriously...were you surprised to find a little corner of cyberspace that has offensive Obama jokes written? Who knows, dig deeper you might find some McCain/Palin joints out there too.

Hey Sween, I thought of all you all when Obama mentioned firefighters in his address.

Jokes calling him a communist or a dictator don't make me laugh, but they don't offend me.

But on a car audio site 5 pages of jokes about fried chicken, watermelon patches and lazy n-----s with just one person suggesting that these jokes may be inappropriate did surprise me.

If it was offensive jokes dot com, or ihateobamadotcom or redneckhollidaydotcom I wouldn't have been surprised. But in this case I was.

Good call not clicking on the link.

For a little while at least Obama jokes are gonna be tough going for writers on Letterman, Leno, Conan, etc. Bush was such an easy target. Comedians are going to have to work hard for a while or hope Paris or Britney or Mel Gibson do something stupid again.

I'm thinking there could be lots of none offensive Obama jokes:

Jokes about the size of the stimulus package. Stimulus. Package. 850 billon dollars. Gotta be a few there.

Jokes about the flubbed oath of office.

Jokes comparing picking the first dog to some foreign or domestic policy decision.
    "Obama spent so much money on his new dog they had to cancel they had to take 5 bridge repairs out of the stimulus package."

The jokes will be endless.
    They just wont be about how Black people are lazy and eat watermelon and fried chicken.

• Options

Hey Sween, I thought of all you all when Obama mentioned firefighters in his address.

Jokes calling him a communist or a dictator don't make me laugh, but they don't offend me.

But on a car audio site 5 pages of jokes about fried chicken, watermelon patches and lazy n-----s with just one person suggesting that these jokes may be inappropriate did surprise me.

If it was offensive jokes dot com, or ihateobamadotcom or redneckhollidaydotcom I wouldn't have been surprised. But in this case I was.

Thanks for the thoughts. Smoke-filled stairways really aren't a big deal since we wear masks, but I guess the imagery works. And good point, a car audio site is definitely a strange place to come across a gaggle of bad jokes.

• For a little while at least Obama jokes are gonna be tough going for writers on Letterman, Leno, Conan, etc. Bush was such an easy target. Comedians are going to have to work hard for a while or hope Paris or Britney or Mel Gibson do something stupid again.

I'm thinking there could be lots of none offensive Obama jokes:

Jokes about the size of the stimulus package. Stimulus. Package. 850 billon dollars. Gotta be a few there.

Jokes about the flubbed oath of office.

Jokes comparing picking the first dog to some foreign or domestic policy decision.
    "Obama spent so much money on his new dog they had to cancel they had to take 5 bridge repairs out of the stimulus package."

The jokes will be endless.
    They just wont be about how Black people are lazy and eat watermelon and fried chicken.

I wasn't justifying the linked jokes, its was more of a move the subject elsewhere post. No excuse for ignorance really.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    the only funny jokes on there was the one that was something about Obama lovers are offended and Haters think they are true. or something like that.

• Those are post-racial jokes my man. New era. Stop acting as a force of division and hang up your 60's mentality next to your jefferson airplane posters.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    ^^^Another joke that's never funny.

• Some woman where my wife works called out because she was having anxiety attacks over Obama becoming president. Like his first order of business is going to be burning white baby's on the south lawn. WTF?

Thanks for the thoughts. Smoke-filled stairways really aren't a big deal since we wear masks, but I guess the imagery works.

Sure works for me.
    How much does the equipment you are wearing and carrying weigh when you run up those stairs? 80 pounds?
    Poor visibility, burning building, I'd be running out, even if I had a mask.

When I was a volunteer coordinator I had the local station reading one on one with k-3 students once a week. They were all nonchalant about their job like you.

• Some woman where my wife works called out because she was having anxiety attacks over Obama becoming president. Like his first order of business is going to be burning white baby's on the south lawn. WTF?

He's not? That's why I voted for him.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I've never found car stereo dudes to be tops in any department...not even in car stereos...

smart and/or funny people will be able to do more than just racial jokes about Obama, obviously.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    In my opinion, any joke that makes fun of President Obama is offensive.

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about how much I love President Obama. I think that I would die for him, although I would not kill for him - becuase killing is against international law and is bad. But I do think that - all things being the same - my love is about the size of the Empire State Building, or Jupiter, or even the Sun.

How big is your Obama love - or alternatively how "strong"? Strong as Superman, or a thousand magnets, or your own B.O.?

• In my opinion, any joke that makes fun of President Obama is offensive.

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about how much I love President Obama. I think that I would die for him, although I would not kill for him - becuase killing is against international law and is bad. But I do think that - all things being the same - my love is about the size of the Empire State Building, or Jupiter, or even the Sun.

How big is your Obama love - or alternatively how "strong"? Strong as Superman, or a thousand magnets, or your own B.O.?

i love how the default obama joke has been to remark about how great everyone thinks he is. whenever i listen to a conservative talk show on sirius there is a 99% chance the host will say something about obama parting the red sea, or democrats believing he is the messiah. as if we are wrong to want to elect someone who might come close to being so remarkable that he is actually qualified for the top job in the country. they are basically saying - why aren't you content with electing someone average like george w. bush???

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    In my opinion, any joke that makes fun of President Obama is offensive.

i love how the default obama joke has been to remark about how great everyone thinks he is. whenever i listen to a conservative talk show on sirius there is a 99% chance the host will say something about obama parting the red sea, or democrats believing he is the messiah. as if we are wrong to want to elect someone who might come close to being so remarkable that he is actually qualified for the top job in the country. they are basically saying - why aren't you content with electing someone average like george w. bush???

I know that your heart overflows with Obama mancrush love, 'course you had all that leftover Hillary love after she got bounced that needed to go somewhere. But if this is supposed to be some kind of crack at Obama being somehow less than deserving of my Empire State Building sized love, than I find it highly offensive, and I'd ask you to keep it to yourself.

• I've never found car stereo dudes to be tops in any department...not even in car stereos...

that's exactly why i didn't bother clicking the link

I've never found car stereo dudes to be tops in any department...not even in car stereos...

that's exactly why i didn't bother clicking the link

Makes sense. The car is about the worse audio stage that can be imagined.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    "So how many Secret Service men did it take to install the car stereo in Obama's presedential ride?"

"None, he carrys all his music in his iPod"....

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    At a bar on Tuesday I heard an older lady ask her friend what she thought of the "Iniggeration"...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Saba: Don't be in the practice of defending lynching jokes. I'm not sure if you clicked on the thread or not, but there was some honestly disgusting stuff on there. This went far beyond Democrat/Republican humor.