What Would Barack Do?

DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I went in to wake up my son for school this morning and he apparently snuck out of his bed last night, removed his pj's and put on a suit which he has and then went to sleep wearing the suit. I asked him what was up and he said that he didn't want to forget to wear a suit to school today so he could look more like President Obama, he said he wants to be like him. Makes me really happy that he has that outside of our home and immediate community to look up to.

Comments

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    that is too cool

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    that is too cool

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Your kid is cool.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    did he go to school with the suit on? badass if he did

• did he go to school with the suit on? badass if he did

He did indeed. Walked like a man too and he put a little tie diagram in his pocket "to show the other kids how it's done" he said. I am just smiling quietly and letting him do his thing, do not disturb parenting approach.

How old is little man?

• How old is little man?

Nearly 6 yrs old.

Wow.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    did he go to school with the suit on? badass if he did

He did indeed. Walked like a man too and he put a little tie diagram in his pocket "to show the other kids how it's done" he said. I am just smiling quietly and letting him do his thing, do not disturb parenting approach.

truly right there

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I went in to wake up my son for school this morning and he apparently snuck out of his bed last night, removed his pj's and put on a suit which he has and then went to sleep wearing the suit. I asked him what was up and he said that he didn't want to forget to wear a suit to school today so he could look more like President Obama, he said he wants to be like him.
    Makes me really happy that he has that outside of our home and immediate community to look up to.

• thats great!!

i saw a young goofy F*ck-up, but otherwise nice young man, in the high school yesterday and he was wearing a three piece suit. i asked "terrell, you look great...whats up with the get up?" "well, i just want to show the people around me that we should be more professional and serious about things." me,"right on...how are you doing with the academics?" terrell,smiling mischievously "im going to start working on that".
    it out a smile on my face. pride is evident,people.

also, a friend of mine's 4 year old girl told her in november, "mommy, i LOVE Obama"
    beautiful.

My 3 year old 1/2 Kiwi 1/2 Dutch son told me this morning that "Obama is the big boss" and "I will be good at creche today... like Obama".

He also thinks that Obama owns a big helicopter where he puts his grandad when they fly him away.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I went in to wake up my son for school this morning and he apparently snuck out of his bed last night, removed his pj's and put on a suit which he has and then went to sleep wearing the suit. I asked him what was up and he said that he didn't want to forget to wear a suit to school today so he could look more like President Obama, he said he wants to be like him.
    Makes me really happy that he has that outside of our home and immediate community to look up to.

this made me laugh.