Hi Amir, I'm putting you on blast.......

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
So outside of DJ-ing and other extra curricular multitasking of all sorts, I have the delightfully benevolent opportunity to put people in ads in my work as a Casting Director.A few weeks ago I cast this series of ads for IBM's 'Smarter' campaign... Here is one of our ads that I'm only posting here because it features one particular awesome SSSStrutter who says he's "too shy" to let people know he's gonna be all over the boob tube so as promised he's on blast, see if you can spot him at 12 seconds in.Go Amir, clock that dough$.....

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    He should poast his big bang simulation here so we can all enjoy it.

• Petaflop, sounds like a bizarre sex thing.

• Petaflop, sounds like a bizarre sex thing.

Naw mang yikes!
    "Pedo"
    and
    "Peta"
    2 very diferent prefixes!
    Although that is hilarious because we had the same joke when I first got the script, I was like wtf is a petaflop and the jokes flowed i.e..... Use it in a sentence: "I have a big red mark on my stomach from doing a petaflop from the ceiling onto the bed lass night."

oh silliness.

• Hey Abby...you don't play I see....hahahaha! This was fun to do and all my family and friends have been roasting me to death about it. Hopefully some cheddar will come in time for me to move.

amir

• He should poast his big bang simulation here so we can all enjoy it.

• Is that humor? Naw dude you look good, very respectable, what was your "character" supposed to be?

• my character was supposed to be and i was labeled no joke as the "man." by the way, thx mang on the kind comments.

amir

• ever since hes been in this commercial....dudes all hollywood on me now.
    wont return my calls, has his assistant calling me back like...
    " mr. abdullah is in meetings all day"

• LOL!!!! whatever dude!!! I am broke and selling records....

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    So the assistant says "Mr Abdullah is busy selling expensive raer records"?

• LOL!!!! nah not even....

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I have the delightfully benevolent opportunity to put people in ads in my work as a Casting Director.

You didn't have anything to do with the Microsoft Songsmith adverts did you? Please say you did..

They're amazing.

(^spot the MacBook)

• I have the delightfully benevolent opportunity to put people in ads in my work as a Casting Director.

You didn't have anything to do with the Microsoft Songsmith adverts did you? Please say you did..

They're amazing.

(^spot the MacBook)

Ha! No I did not cast those but they are good, the first semi-interesting commercials from them in a while.... I have DJ-ed a Microsoft event though. Dorkfest like you have never seen!!!!

• haha I THOUGHT that was Amir when I saw it.

• wheres the hippy,abs??? that burnout on the couch?? booooo

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

They're amazing.

I watched a bit of this for the amazingness, all I saw was a really bad infomercial.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

They're amazing.

I watched a bit of this for the amazingness, all I saw was a really bad infomercial.

Not amazing meaning amazing, but amazing meaning..

Hmm, sorry to put you through that.

We don't get ads like this in the Uk, maybe they are common in US and it is very sincere, that might make even more special.
    For me, it comes across like a REALLY bad homage to the 'Trapped in the closet' concept.
    The fact that they've used a Macbook (cunningly disguised with stickers) in a Micro$oft advert is especially lol'able.

• wheres the hippy,abs??? that burnout on the couch?? booooo

haha...i know i know i tried but the producer ended up really wanting the hippy to be much older, grayer, more wizard/burnout, don't be too salty, i told you she said you were "cute but not old and grizzly enough"

• LOL
    i gotta work on my wizard burnout game

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    LOL
    i gotta work on my wizard burnout game

More 70's fantasy prog raers for you. Start a regimen.