The Strut Inauguration Live Blog

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I'm sure this will happen so I'm just going to set it up now. Who's ditching work/school to watch this?

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    i've got my MARC ticket in hand, just set my alarm, ready to wake up and experience some madness.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    What time does it all go down?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    depends - technically, 10am EST but the actual swearing in ceremony doesn't jump off until 11:30 I think.

Rick Warren (boo!) will be speaking prior to that I assume.

• ^^ Herm you can check the schedule via this site

Well here is the official Inaugural Luncheon MENU , replete with rather seasonal and local fare.
    (It could use some more chicken and gravy mang)

• The anticipation I have for this, and had for election day, trumps the anticipation I had for losing my virginity. I'm truly like a kid on christmas eve, I have butterflies in my stomach. I have a job interview at Environment America tomorrow morning and they invited me to join them to watch the Inauguration before the interview. From the interview I will be headed to the W Hotel in Westwood to set up the Generation Obama Inauguration Party (any LA people that want to come please hit me up... THES I SEE YOU!) starts at 7:30pm

I look at the TV and I am mesmerized by the admiration that everyone has for the man. To hear the old folks tell it, he is everything like what JFK was for that generation. I do not agree with every piece of his policy platforms, and I hold him accountable if he travels down that ugly "clean coal" road for much longer... but the way he has INSPIRED me and everyone else in the world,it seems, is truly amazing. People from every continent have journeyed to DC to "BE THERE." I thought about it but what I feared came true... it has turned into a bit of a carnival... venders selling obama everything... scalpers, its that capitalistic ugliness that pervades every part of life, but it almost overwhelming how it has invaded this campaign. I own three obama t-shirts and one Obama print by Lance Wyman so shouldn't really be saying anything. Anyway...

I AM SO f*cking HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!!!!! 11 more hours!!!

The anticipation I have for this, and had for election day, trumps the anticipation I had for losing my virginity.

Ha, I'd hope so! The latter terrified me. The former is all smiles and awe.

• This is kinda cool, new frontier/reclaiming hopeful aspects of American culture and history related:

The backdrop for the luncheon will be this painting, chosen for occasion, and borrowed from the New York Historical Society. The painting, "View of the Yosemite Valley," by Thomas Hill, reflects the majestic landscape of the American West and the dawn of a new era. The subject of the painting, Yosemite Valley, represents an important but often overlooked event from Lincoln's presidency???his signing of the 1864 Yosemite Grant, which set aside Yosemite Valley and the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias as a public reserve.

• I'll be at work.

Anyone know where I can catch it streaming live on the internet? CNN or one of the networks I am guessing.

• Live on Hulu.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Im gonna do the dishes and make a big ass breakfast and watch the real new year come in today!

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Im gonna do the dishes and make a big ass breakfast and watch the real new year come in today!

Real talk. This is the start of a new chapter in the story of this country. I will go in to work after this is done. Until then it's a hood holiday.

• Today's my first official day as Mr. Mom. I'll have it on all day long*.

*Except for Rick Warren, during which I plan on turning down the volume and making rude noises..

• I will be watching it from my desk at work.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I will be watching from my desk.

Here is the BBC world schedule: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/obama_inauguration/7838095.stm

An amazing day for not only America but the world.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm about to take a quick shower and hit the streets - there has tobe somewhere that is popping where I can go chill with the people. Don't want to be alone for this...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    We'll have it on multiple TVs all day in the office. Wearing a tie for the occassion.

It's truly remarkable that however bad people felt about President Bush, they feel that much better (and more) about President Obama.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Gonna roll out in a few and find somewhere here in Rio where they're showing this.

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! Truly a beautiful day, I feel proud to be an American out here in South America now.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    the home office has never been better. my coworker and i are laptop-ing in front of the television and will be toasting the occasion.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It's airing around people's lunch break. So we will have it on at work.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Presidential Cadillac limos are pretty pimp. I'm sure they'll be in the next Jay-Z video.

• It's airing around people's lunch break. So we will have it on at work.

We are doing this too. We have a sweet projector, but the cnn feed is kind of janky. Anyone know of a better feed to try? Oh and the hulu one sucks too.

• i'm on pic2009.org, but it's not quite cutting it. please recommend something better fast!

Presidential Cadillac limos are pretty pimp. I'm sure they'll be in the next Jay-ZJeezy video.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

"Time to go to work, baby"

b/w

Iconic like

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Does her necklace spell something? It looks like a nameplate belt.

It looks like it says "YOON".

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    We'll have it on multiple TVs all day in the office. Wearing a tie for the occassion.

Same here!! Pulled out the fine threads for the day! My boss just came in with bottles of champagne and mango/orange juice for mimosas! Wasn't expecting that, but

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Dick Cheney looks like death is near by

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Dick Cheney looks like death is near by

Seen?

• im trying to watch it online but it keeps cutting out
    might leave my desk and hit the breakroom