Plaese to school me on...

willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
DUBSTEP. Was checking this out:

and now I'm curious for more. Plaese to recommend some stuff to check out - I'm basically clueless. Essential artists? Albums? Is it all just singles?Thanks strut!

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Benga, Skream, Kode 9, The Bug, Burial. Its a pretty diverse range of music depends what styles you like. Some comps to check are Roots of Dubstep and I love Dubstep. I highly recommend Burials two albums.

• Skream's "Midnight Request Line" is pretty great.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

RSD, aka Rob Smith from Smith & Mighty

They Call It Brokking Out:

• Dubstep from Copenhagen:

www.myspace.com/krakenrecordings

Peace,

Dress

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Dubstep is a very diverse genre. I feel like certain artists calling their music dubstep should be calling it something else. But, I guess that's what is interesting about it, the diverse range of styles. It is a pretty open genre.

That King Midas Sound 12" (The Bug) w/ Dabrye & Flying Lotus remixes was dope as hell.

Its cool to see Daddi Gee of Massive Attack working w/ Kode9 under The Space Ape alias.

I'm really feeling Martyn at the moment.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    http://www.skrewfacesound.com out of sweden does a wicked dubstep radio show called Dubsteppers delight which is where i first heard that track you posted. They have archives of all the shows.

• I love this, though it's not the stereotypical dubstep sound:

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    This is also a good one. Almost like a slow AV8 record with an ill Busta vocal hook.

Loefa8h- Disco Rekah

• One of my favorites...

• I stepped my dubstep game up last Friday and went out and saw The Bug, Kode9, Martyn, etc. here in Berlin

I'm still recovering. Shit was . Bass was so loud it felt like I was getting hit in the throat with a marshmallow baseball bat.

Kode9 & SpaceApe - Quantum