G.U.N.

2»

Comments

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    p.s. Damn, "From: To:" is fucking knarly. Ruff:Rugged:Raw:

"From the soul to what type wheels you roll / it's Hip Hop, from the love of my life to my disgruntled wife / I turn my back on her, laughin' on tv / frontin' in a Phantom, prolly f**kin' Li'l Weezy, yo / it seems to me I'm just resistin' the change / from writin' rhymes to throwin' clips on the range / she lost her love for me, we once displayed publicly, from battles and such / and goin' half on a dutch and choppy samples and stuff / to a keyboard whore with her knees on the floor / from a queen to the heems to catchin' skeet in the jaw"... DUDE.

Glad you likin' it, Brotha Bam. BTW, I just got that missing Vanguard Squad 45 in the mail and checked out the accompanying book... all I can say is

Wow, I'm surprised (but glad) you finally got it. Was the record a melted blob? I could have walked the record to your house faster than the USPS "priority" mail service.

I just wanted to say, I listened to "Down" again this morning, and dude on the first verse (which MC is that?) kills it. His call-and-response with Leo's "down" is fucking incredible.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Just got mines today. Good looking out, Phill!

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Phill - thanks - got it today - smokin'!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    p.s. Damn, "From: To:" is fucking knarly. Ruff:Rugged:Raw:

"From the soul to what type wheels you roll / it's Hip Hop, from the love of my life to my disgruntled wife / I turn my back on her, laughin' on tv / frontin' in a Phantom, prolly f**kin' Li'l Weezy, yo / it seems to me I'm just resistin' the change / from writin' rhymes to throwin' clips on the range / she lost her love for me, we once displayed publicly, from battles and such / and goin' half on a dutch and choppy samples and stuff / to a keyboard whore with her knees on the floor / from a queen to the heems to catchin' skeet in the jaw"... DUDE.

Glad you likin' it, Brotha Bam. BTW, I just got that missing Vanguard Squad 45 in the mail and checked out the accompanying book... all I can say is

Wow, I'm surprised (but glad) you finally got it. Was the record a melted blob? I could have walked the record to your house faster than the USPS "priority" mail service.

It seems they attempted to deliver it a few days after you sent it, but nobody was home so they sent it back to the post office to be picked up. I never got a pick up slip, though... either it got lost in all the junk mail we throw away daily or they just didn't leave a slip. Apparently it sat at the p.o. for awhile then was sent back to NYC, then got sent back to me again- this time I got it. And in perfect condition, no cracks or signs of meltage.

I just wanted to say, I listened to "Down" again this morning, and dude on the first verse (which MC is that?) kills it. His call-and-response with Leo's "down" is fucking incredible.

That's my man Soma aka Carm Candelaria. He is a bad man with the lyrical skills, I'm tellin' you! It doesn't seem like most rap listeners even care that much about lyrics any more, but for me that's the most important thing, even more than the beat. If the world really listens to my man, he's gonna blow a lot of people's minds before he's done.

"From the soul to what type wheels you roll / it's Hip Hop, from the love of my life to my disgruntled wife / I turn my back on her, laughin' on tv / frontin' in a Phantom, prolly f**kin' Li'l Weezy, yo / it seems to me I'm just resistin' the change / from writin' rhymes to throwin' clips on the range / she lost her love for me, we once displayed publicly, from battles and such / and goin' half on a dutch and choppy samples and stuff / to a keyboard whore with her knees on the floor / from a queen to the heems to catchin' skeet in the jaw"...

That's my man Soma aka Carm Candelaria. He is a bad man with the lyrical skills, I'm tellin' you! It doesn't seem like most rap listeners even care that much about lyrics any more, but for me that's the most important thing, even more than the beat. If the world really listens to my man, he's gonna blow a lot of people's minds before he's done. Didn't dude blaze the intro for 'Neva Stop Diggin' a couple of years ago? BTW, 'People' is my jam.

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts
    Damn...I'm finally on this piece! It's the S-O the M-A live & direct from the Steel City. First off I wanna say the "45" is for Candelaria (that was his # w/ the buccos), I thought of it before Eminem...but I have no proof, so I'm gonna have to change that up I guess. Secondly, I just wanna thank everyone on SoulStrut for the words of encouragement & honest opinions. For the most part, I'm glad y'all are feelin' what we are doin' waaaay ouy here in G.U.Ntown.

This is a dope ass site, my man Soulman put me onto to it....me and Big Ghate were blown away by all of the positive feedback we've received, so I had to log in & give some love back. But yo....we got MAJOR heat brewing. Keep ya eyes & ears open for some hundred mile an hour heaters, high and inside....but don't stand too close to the plate!

bellcity1 - I'm glad you like that "Down" verse...I put my heart into that one. It's 100% realness. If you knew me, it would be even doper to you. But that wasn't me on that Neva Stop Diggn' joint.

AY YO- BIG STACKS.....WHERE YOU AT????? Get at me - I like those tracks. Defintely my style....lemme kill some of those for you.

Any questions from anyone regarding anything at all, get at me...here or at [email]Soma45@msn.com[/email]

PEACE & THANKS AGAIN!!! -SOMA

Damn...I'm finally on this piece! It's the S-O the M-A live & direct from the Steel City. First off I wanna say the "45" is for Candelaria (that was his # w/ the buccos), I thought of it before Eminem...but I have no proof, so I'm gonna have to change that up I guess. Secondly, I just wanna thank everyone on SoulStrut for the words of encouragement & honest opinions. For the most part, I'm glad y'all are feelin' what we are doin' waaaay ouy here in G.U.Ntown.

This is a dope ass site, my man Soulman put me onto to it....me and Big Ghate were blown away by all of the positive feedback we've received, so I had to log in & give some love back. But yo....we got MAJOR heat brewing. Keep ya eyes & ears open for some hundred mile an hour heaters, high and inside....but don't stand too close to the plate!

bellcity1 - I'm glad you like that "Down" verse...I put my heart into that one. It's 100% realness. If you knew me, it would be even doper to you. But that wasn't me on that Neva Stop Diggn' joint.

AY YO- BIG STACKS.....WHERE YOU AT????? Get at me - I like those tracks. Defintely my style....lemme kill some of those for you.

Any questions from anyone regarding anything at all, get at me...here or at [email]Soma45@msn.com[/email]

Welcome to the wonderful world of SoulStrut.com!!! I got you mixed up 'cause I saw your name on one of Soulman's old W.O.B's tapes (Vol. 2). Continue spittin' those heatrocks, thun. Peace, B.C

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey Soma,

Yo man, you know I got you!!!!!!!!! I'm just cooking up a few more new joints before I send ya'll a CD. Holla at me on a private message so with can delve deeper. I feel what you cats are doing, so let's make this happen!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• Yo-Bungie up in this camp cuddo finally!I wanna 1st give a shout to my man Mighty Most Chill thanks for everything cuddy right.I wanna say thanks to everybody who gave G.u.n positive feedback on the Greedy Ultimate EP& GUN9THWonder Mixtape.This site is off da chains MANE--
    Big Stacks I can't wait for dem tracks cuddo bout to put in work in Guntown nawmean.Time to get into my Big Ghate zone real life shit for da dome piece.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm gonna be back in the burg to see the family in the first week of September. If there are any shows then make sure to post, I'm def feelin the mp3's I got.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo-Bungie up in this camp cuddo finally!I wanna 1st give a shout to my man Mighty Most Chill thanks for everything cuddy right.I wanna say thanks to everybody who gave G.u.n positive feedback on the Greedy Ultimate EP& GUN9THWonder Mixtape.This site is off da chains MANE--
    Big Stacks I can't wait for dem tracks cuddo bout to put in work in Guntown nawmean.Time to get into my Big Ghate zone real life shit for da dome piece.

Yo Big Ghate,

The tracks will be comin' shortly. I'm just cookin' a batch of new ones to send over too. I'm definitely lookin' forward to workin' with you cats. Let's do this!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• No doubt cuddy I'll def get at u on that we need all the support we can get.

out
    Bung

• Soma45Soma45 38 Posts
    I'm gonna be back in the burg to see the family in the first week of September. If there are any shows then make sure to post, I'm def feelin the mp3's I got.

Hey cuddo, I'm gonna be outta town Labor Day weekend - but the band we work with, Jazzam, is doing a show in Indiana, Pa on Sept. 8th if you'll still be in da Burgh (kind of a hike, depending on where in the Burgh you'll be). But anyway, we'll probably do a live set w/ them. Our performances w/ the band are always official. I'll make sure to post the details once I'm positive of what's going on for that. *****Peace, Candelaria