G.U.N.

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
thanks Phill!

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Where's mine at????

• Where's mine at????

oh..did you not get the memo? he sent yours to me as well.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Got it this weekend, Shit is fuckin' dope. Good work Phil.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Where's mine at????

You ain't put in yo' request, did you? Damn, hommie...

Got it this weekend, Shit is fuckin' dope. Good work Phil.

Thanks, DeeRock. Coming from you that's a high compliment, bruthaman! We doin' what we do, mane. Lots of good feedback so far. These dudes just started doing shows with a live band and are tearin' spots down, from what I'm hearing. So we gon' keep on pushin' like Mayfield and see where we go with it. Thanks again to my mans SouthCrackalack and errrrbody who's shown support!

• That 9th Wonder CD is some of the best stuff I've heard in a long while. Gets steady rotation in my CD player. Just listen to "Roxie" and "Steel City Tears Pt 1" and tell me those songs aren't better than anything you've heard all summer...

Where's mine at????

I sent you a PM hommie!!! DOH!

Where's mine at????

Pha reel??? I have no record of this.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Phill,

Got this today. Damn it looks and sounds good. Pro all around hommie. Let me know if there's a way I can help get the word out.

Phill,

Got this today. Damn it looks and sounds good. Pro all around hommie. Let me know if there's a way I can help get the word out.

Yo, anythang you can do is appreciated, hommie. We are going against the grain here, so any help is good help. You can just periodically open your window, yell "G.U.N!!!", then close it back. Or when you pull up aside another car at a red light, smile and show them the big "G.U.N" on the record jacket. I'm sure this will horrify some people and possibly could get you locked up, but if we can get just one new fan from these actions then at least your efforts won't be in vain. Thanks!

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    These dudes just started doing shows with a live band and are tearin' spots down, from what I'm hearing.

any way to get specifics on this (dates/times)?

Where's mine at????

Pha reel??? I have no record of this.

Bummer man. Am I too late?

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Phill, just got it in the mail. Looks pro as heyll. Great work, can't wait to listen.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    THANKS PHIL, THE PACKAGE WAS THE SHIT, THE MATERIAL IS EVEN BETTER.

I OWE YOU BIG.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Thanks again, Phill. The records/CDs arrived today in one piece. The finished product is very nice.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I got mine yesterday... I'm trying to use the slang words around the neighborhood... I like the EP better than the 9th Wonder thing though... I'm just going to bump the CD and keep my wax unplayed and wait for that thing to blow up in like a year from now... I like this one the most, but the other joints are growing on me too...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Just got mine today. Veeerrry dope! Gave danno a "world of beats" sticker! Much thanks to chill phill.

Peace

h

These dudes just started doing shows with a live band and are tearin' spots down, from what I'm hearing.

You're located in the 'Burg, right, leisurebandit? There was supposed to be a show I think tonight but G.U.N couldn't make it to this one. Next time I hear about them doing a live performance in the Pittsburgh area I will try to remember to give out the details here on the 'Strut (I know there are at least a few Steel City peops on here... paging TheMack). Right now I think they're in the "working out the kinks" stage of putting their live show together locally, so that if and when they start travelling the show wil be tight. Personally I haven't heard the band they're working with but they tell me they're sick widdit. I hear they totally KILL the song "People" off of the G.U.N ep- the audience straight loses it when they go into that one.
    They are also putting together their "Hip Hop" show with their tour dj Pittsburg's own DJ Schitzo, who you may or may not know of.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    (I know there are at least a few Steel City peops on here... paging TheMack).

Vacationing.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts

You're located in the 'Burg, right, leisurebandit? There was supposed to be a show I think tonight but G.U.N couldn't make it to this one. Next time I hear about them doing a live performance in the Pittsburgh area I will try to remember to give out the details here on the 'Strut (I know there are at least a few Steel City peops on here... paging TheMack). Right now I think they're in the "working out the kinks" stage of putting their live show together locally, so that if and when they start travelling the show wil be tight. Personally I haven't heard the band they're working with but they tell me they're sick widdit. I hear they totally KILL the song "People" off of the G.U.N ep- the audience straight loses it when they go into that one.
    They are also putting together their "Hip Hop" show with their tour dj Pittsburg's own DJ Schitzo, who you may or may not know of.

yeah i'm in the burgh...do you know who the band is they're working with?
    Give a haller next time you got some info on a show, there are a few Burgh heads on here. And i luuuuuuuurve some live band hip-hop.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Thanks Phill! Sounds great. Couldn't get those stickers on my decks fast enough!!!!! Vinyl on the decks, EP in the whip, mix tape at work!!!!! GUN in full rotation. Down and Completly New will be bumped at the up comming wedding gig!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    *PHILL

SHIT IS RIDICULOUS, THE MIXTAPE IS HEAT.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Influenced by these Soulman tracks...

That's what the fuck I'm talking about. "What you kow about this heat?"

The wax sounds great Phill. Don't sweat the distortion.
    It sounds good on my 1200.

It's 11:21 in Brooklyn, and my neighborhood is hearing G.U.N.
    I gots 150 watts on this fucker, RIGHT NOW.

(These dudes rap fast.)

cramming
    syllables
    into
    bars

No disrespect to Big Ghate or Soma, but "Down" still makes me want to hear the Soulman beatoff track (where's that jpg of Phill as the race car driver holding up an MPC? It's due for a return.). Bless us with that mp3 again, someone. Plaese.

And how fucking dope is The G.U.N. Dictionary. Damn, that's dope. "Cunch", The "Peach Alley Conflict", Roxy up in "Ambridge". And the M-W bite on the page layout is fucking classic. Short for Country. (see Cunch). "Goin half on a dutch."

And if one who gives heemie isn't a title waiting to be purchased, I don't know what is?

I'm just getting into the 9th Wonder shit now. (Is this 9th mixing Soulman produced G.U.N., or 9th beats?)

Props.
    ~B

p.s. Damn, "From: To:" is fucking knarly. Ruff:Rugged:Raw:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

That's what the fuck I'm talking about. "What you kow about this heat?"

The wax sounds great Phill. Don't sweat the distortion.
    It sounds good on my 1200.

(These dudes rap fast.)

cramming
    syllables
    into
    bars

No disrespect to Big Ghate or Soma, but "Down" still makes me want to hear the Soulman beatoff track (where's that jpg of Phill as the race car driver holding up an MPC? It's due for a return.). Bless us with that mp3 again, someone. Plaese.

And how fucking dope is The G.U.N. Dictionary. Damn, that's dope. "Cunch", The "Peach Alley Conflict", Roxy up in "Ambridge". And the M-W bite on the page layout is fucking classic. Short for Country. (see Cunch). "Goin half on a dutch."

And if one who gives heemie isn't a title waiting to be purchased, I don't know what is?

I'm just getting into the 9th Wonder shit now. (Is this 9th mixing Soulman produced G.U.N., or 9th beats?)

Props.
    ~B

I want a copy of this. Unfortunately, my DSL connection was down when it was offered. By the time I was up & running, they were gone. How 'bout a birthday burn for good ol' Herm?

I can send you a burn of the mix cd and the G.U.N EP. PM me if no one has PM'd you already.

Ohhh ya. Got my package today. Hopefully I will be able to make some copies and take em to Amoeba and/or Arons and local stores around here. Damn dropped a little bit of lemonade on my dictionary . Not too bad though but still. When's the reissue due? Haha.

yeah i'm in the burgh...do you know who the band is they're working with?

The band is Jazzam (www.jazzam.net... check 'em out, they've got some nice stuff). They're doing a local tour in the Western PA. area and I think G.U.N will be doing some dates with them, I'm not 100% sure about that though. If I find out anything for sure I'll let you know.

Got the CD yesterday Phill! Sounds good mangnione! I'd bump it in the whip if those fools didn't steal my goddam radio.... hahahaha..... Now I gotta figure out where to put those stickers at. I love stickers.

Yeah, Bam! That's what I'm talkin' bout. No sleep in Brooklyn, make muhfukkas stay up all night with that G.U.N shit!

(These dudes rap fast.)

cramming

syllables

into

bars

No doubt... Hip Hop's gotten too slow and simplistic lyrically as of late IMO. We bringin' that shit that you need a dictionary to understand! Just trying to follow in the tradition of the hip hop greats- Kane, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Nas, Wu-Tang, etc. Used to be a time when rappers tried to out-do each other with their lyrical acumen, now we're in the era of everybody trying to dumb it down so that the mentally challenged can follow along (it pains me to hear the latest stuff by G Rap, because he is OBVIOUSLY toning it down for the audience and not even nearly approaching his full lyrical abilities). We say f**k that, no dumbing down, people need to start trying to smarten up instead. It's not that hard to do, really it's not.

YIKES!

All 9th Wonder beats and G.U.N rhymes, raw style.

"From the soul to what type wheels you roll / it's Hip Hop, from the love of my life to my disgruntled wife / I turn my back on her, laughin' on tv / frontin' in a Phantom, prolly f**kin' Li'l Weezy, yo / it seems to me I'm just resistin' the change / from writin' rhymes to throwin' clips on the range / she lost her love for me, we once displayed publicly, from battles and such / and goin' half on a dutch and choppy samples and stuff / to a keyboard whore with her knees on the floor / from a queen to the heems to catchin' skeet in the jaw"... DUDE.

Glad you likin' it, Brotha Bam. BTW, I just got that missing Vanguard Squad 45 in the mail and checked out the accompanying book... all I can say is Unbelievable stuff that you and that guy T***a are putting down. I will holler at you further on this, right now I'm on my way to taking the family on a fun filled day trip to Camden, NJ! Hopefully we'll make it back alive. PEACE.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    I WANT ONE!!!!