Jet Crashes Into Hudson River

2»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Sully grew up north of Dallas in Denison, Texas .......dude got his private pilot's license when he was 14 years old!!!!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    a friend of mine lives just there so he took these...

not to mention the ferries that were all over.

You were in the area??

Oh wait...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

By the way, if anyone knows any young folks who are kinda drifting and looking for a job, tell them to look into air traffic control. They are hiring like crazy, as long as they can handle a little stress and pass a few tests.

Yeah, I heard something about this the other day. Since most current air traffic controllers were hired just after the air traffic controller strike, they're all reaching retirement at the same time.

Controller #3: Get me Steve McCroskey!
    Controller #2: Are you kidding? Ever since Reagan fired the air traffic controllers, he's been completely senile!
    Controller #3: Yeah, but what about McCroskey?
    Controller #2: About the same as Reagan.

• I think air traffic controllers get paid well, but it's a high stress job. One minor miscalculation and you could send two planes in the same path. I couldn't have that hanging over me.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think air traffic controllers get paid well, but it's a high stress job. One minor miscalculation and you could send two planes in the same path. I couldn't have that hanging over me.

And then have to worry about terrorist organizations using a CIP device to take over ATC towers and blackmail the gov't!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

NOT SHOOK

Guy looks like he's full of old man strength. Type of guy that takes care of young whippersnappers who get out of line at bars.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    I think air traffic controllers get paid well, but it's a high stress job. One minor miscalculation and you could send two planes in the same path. I couldn't have that hanging over me.

my father is a retired pilot and i have applied for announcements for air traffic controllers on several occasions. i am almost positive you have to be ex-military to even be considered for the positions!

if i am wrong someone please send me in the right direction! i am too fast paced for the office world!

the FAA website is a hot mess of nothing!

• Options

my father is a retired pilot and i have applied for announcements for air traffic controllers on several occasions. i am almost positive you have to be ex-military to even be considered for the positions!

if i am wrong someone please send me in the right direction! i am too fast paced for the office world!

Nah my man, the last person my girl trained was a manager from Applebees before he took the test. He didn't make it through the training though, there's a fairly high percentage of people who wash out. I saw your PM, I'll get at you later but I have a feeling all she's going to say is to tell you to check the FAA website.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

Nah my man, the last person my girl trained was a manager from Applebees before he took the test. He didn't make it through the training though, there's a fairly high percentage of people who wash out. I saw your PM, I'll get at you later but I have a feeling all she's going to say is to tell you to check the FAA website.

aight yea get at me if u can later on! every time i go on there it tells me i did something wrong or i am not qualified. i want to talk to a human about it but so far that has not been an option so...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

NOT SHOOK

Guy looks like he's full of old man strength. Type of guy that takes care of young whippersnappers who get out of line at bars.

Dudes gonna skip the forced retirement commercial pilots get at 60 and be charging BANK to be someone's private pilot. He's like the ultimate private jet accessory, hope he takes someone to the cleaners off this shit....

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

Sully grew up north of Dallas in Denison, Texas .......dude got his private pilot's license when he was 14 years old!!!!

Sully keeps it Gully

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    This was amazing! I mean, what are the chances!? I'm sure Sully will have many a job offers coming his way.

This is kind of off topic, thank the Sea Kittens...

Driving home from work tonight I was wondering how long it would be before PETA sues the Airline for all the innocent air victims that perished in the "tragedy". When I got home I decided my thought probably wasn't very far off so I googled it.
    Tho I didn't find any thing directly related to Peta I did find this snippet and I thought it was kinda funny:

In a related story, it seems that the animal rights group, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), is strongly considering filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of every goose, pigeon, sparrow and seagull that has died at the hands of an airplane.

Burrds R. Hott, a spokesperson for PETA, insists that "the sky belongs to these elegant creatures. The damages accrued over decades of air travel are incalculable."

When asked if this was PETA's first attempt at litigation on this issue, Hott admitted that in the 1970s the organization sought to claim the skies exclusively for birds through eminent domain. "But the government, at all levels, was inexplicably unresponsive."

PETA has been attempting to work with the airline industry on a plan of action to eliminate bird strikes. Catz Pajamas, another PETA spokesperson, explains. "The aircraft will be fitted with a precise bird tracking device. When the device indicates the presence of any bird within one thousand feet, the pilot is obligated to take evasive measures that include aborting the flight should it become necessary."

Pajamas made one final statement regarding this latest bird strike incident. "By choosing to land in the water, the pilot has subjected untold numbers of fish to a great degree of stress. Imagine swimming along, and then all of a sudden, this giant plane disturbs your environment without warning."

Is PETA considering any legal action on this matter? "We're actively pursuing it. A lawsuit for emotional distress may be forthcoming." [/b]

• Catz Pajamas, another PETA spokesperson

just in case anyone missed that!