Microwave 1.9 = facemelt

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
New for 2009, Microwave Scratch Live 1.9 now arms DJs with more tools than ever. This free upgrade places a stunning array of features at DJ's fingertips, enabling creative possibilities never seen before. Major new features include SP-6 Sample Player, LiveFeed, native MEP-7000 support, Loop Roll, enhanced History, and support for Video-SL 1.1.The new SP-6 Sample Player adds six extra audio players that can be triggered with the computer keyboard or a MIDI controller, turning compatible Rane hardware into a high performance sampler.Brand new in Scratch Live 1.9 is a groundbreaking feature called LiveFeed, taking live external audio and placing it directly on a Scratch Live virtual deck, all in real time. The DJ has instant control of live external audio with Vinyl, CD or MIDI."LiveFeed gives DJs a live stream of audio to mess with, the creative possibilities are really endless", reports General Manager, Sam Gribben.The Pioneer MEP-7000 gains plug-and-play native support, joining the popular Pioneer CDJ-400 as a Scratch Live control surface. Control CDs are not required, and song data is shown directly on the MEP-7000's displays.Loop Roll adds an interesting new stutter effect, which can also be used in conjunction with the new LiveFeed feature.The History function now keeps a comprehensive record of every track played, during every gig. This is a real time saver for professional DJs who need to log their sessions.Album Art is also added to the virtual deck in Scratch Live, assisting with rapid song identification.Scratch Live 1.9 also adds offline video playback, in conjunction with the Video-SL 1.1 plug-in, also being shown at NAMM 2009. This feature lets Microwave Video-SL users manage effects, cue and loop points for their videos without hardware connected. Video-SL 1.1 adds support for the Rane SL 1 and Rane MP 4.A public beta of Scratch Live version 1.9 commences Monday the 19th of January (New Zealand time).New Features in Scratch Live version 1.9- LiveFeed gives the DJ live control of any audio input stream - vocal, guitar, drums, or real vinyl - straight onto the virtual deck. LiveFeed gives DJs instant control of real audio on the fly.- The new SP-6 Sample Player lets you drop up to 6 streams of audio into a mix.- A Comprehensive History review captures track data such as song name and time played. You can then export session information in a variety of formats (csv, txt or m3u).- A new Loop Roll effect lets you continue a loop and fall back to the correct track position upon release.- Offline Player now supports Video-SL with effects management. Set Cue Points, Loops and manage your Crates anytime, without hardware connected.- Added Pioneer MEP-7000 as a directly supported USB device

Comments

• What, no automix?

• sampler is big, and i guess djs that play with live bands can do some crazy stuff with the livecast feature, but not really sure what else.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm trying to figure out how LiveCast works. The processing demands would be fairly substantial, no?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It's been impossible for me to get on the site today, traffic must be at an all time high. Trying to get the beta for this... whooo hahhh shit sounds so ill.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm trying to figure out how LiveCast works. The processing demands would be fairly substantial, no?
    Specs are about halfway down on the manual: http://www.rane.com/pdf/ttmacdat.pdf

• A public beta of Scratch Live version 1.9 commences Monday the 19th of January (New Zealand time).

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    They just dropped an update to the TTM56 too.

I thought the beta isn't live until Monday?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Rats, yes I see that.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    - A Comprehensive History review captures track data such as song name and time played. You can then export session information in a variety of formats (csv, txt or m3u).

This is a lot of new shit to deal with when I'm trying to get back into DJing...

• I just got a ttm 56 for $450.... Maybe I should have waited for the upgrade.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    [elf platter]The 1/19/2008 release date is based on New Zealand time. 1.9 will be available on 1/18/2008.[/elf platter]

Shaun W
    Rane, Support

A public beta of Scratch Live version 1.9 commences Monday the 19th of January (New Zealand time).
    ...which is Sunday the 18th US time

*Big dudes only advice coming from a lil dude: If you can't wait, I'm sure Atrak has the new software. Dude was in NZ visiting the Ser.ato developers last week, holleur at him.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I just got a ttm 56 for $450.... Maybe I should have waited for the upgrade.
    Won't it just be a firmware upgrade?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    - A Comprehensive History review captures track data such as song name and time played. You can then export session information in a variety of formats (csv, txt or m3u).

That shit is hot for Becky. "Nah bitch I ain't playing that shit! I just played it 1 hour, 23 minutes, and 40 seconds ago! I'll email a timestamp to your iPhone if you want."

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    If it exports the MP3s you used along with the .m3u that will be

That shit is hot for Becky. "Nah bitch I ain't playing that shit! I just played it 1 hour, 23 minutes, and 40 seconds ago! I'll email a timestamp to your iPhone if you want."

But dude, you know Beckies will just come back with: "but can't you just play it again for me? Pppppppppllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeeeeee? It's my birthday!"

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

But dude, you know Beckies will just come back with: "but can't you just play it again for me? Pppppppppllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeeeeee? It's my birthday!"

Well yeah, but you have to have a sign in the booth stating that there are no repeats until 90 minutes after last playing. If you hit 'em on the hip with the timestamp, boom! Paper trail. Can't F*ck with the numbers. Rules are rules.

Plus in the timestamp email you can include the Terms of Service where you state the no-repeat rule. Then she has it for her records. And if she's hot and you might wanna blap at some point, you have her email for YOUR records. Everybody wins.

• But dude, you know Beckies will just come back with: "but can't you just play it again for me? Pppppppppllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeeeeee? It's my birthday!"

Best way to get them to leave is to pick an age at least 5 years older, but 8 or nine is better than they appear and say "well, since your turning what?, 30 I'll see what I can do." Instant Becky tears.

• Wow, this sounds cool. I'm going to try out the sampler function with my little sp-202. Been wanting to integrate it for a while.

Best way to get them to leave is to pick an age at least 5 years older, but 8 or nine is better than they appear and say "well, since your turning what?, 30 I'll see what I can do." Instant Becky tears.

Dude, that's awesomely cruel.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Dude, that's awesomely cruel.
    Until you "guess" them younger and they don't stop bothering you for the rest of the night.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Beta's up.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    got a link? I cant find it anywhere on there.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    got a link? I cant find it anywhere on there.

http://www.s*rato.com/forum/discussion/120620

Replace the '*' with the 'e.' (Microwave-related.)