Vinyl to CD transfer (Help)

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
what's a cheap way to do it? but with good sound quality. can i do it in less than $200?i was looking at TTL and found these thingamigs. any good? or is something like this much more recommended: I have no idea where to start. can yall recommend me something? thanks in advance.

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    what's a cheap way to do it? but with good sound quality. can i do it in less than $200?

i was looking at TTL and found these thingamigs. any good?

if you have no interest in making beats or doing anything other than transfering records to cd/mp3, then hook it up. you could make mixtapes with this thing as well, i would think.

if you think you may get into recording or making music one day, you might want to think about the m-audio, because you could then jump into protools for relatively cheap later on down the line. but it doesnt sound like you want to go that route.

so get that first thing, that looks sweet.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    what's a cheap way to do it? but with good sound quality. can i do it in less than $200?

You may already be able to do it with any existing equipment you may have. If not, less than $40 will do the job if you know where to look.

• This gets the job done for under 80 bills. Clean sound through USB.

web page

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    my computer(g4) came with a audio in mini 1/4 plug that sounds fine. stein. . .

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

i was looking at TTL and found these thingamigs. any good?

if you have no interest in making beats or doing anything other than transfering records to cd/mp3, then hook it up. you could make mixtapes with this thing as well, i would think.

if you think you may get into recording or making music one day, you might want to think about the m-audio, because you could then jump into protools for relatively cheap later on down the line. but it doesnt sound like you want to go that route.

so get that first thing, that looks sweet.

yea as for now, i just need something to get me from analog to digital and then burn stuff for friends and what not. thanks for your advice Mesh!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    but typically with an interface, you get better sound quality right? That M-Audio looks rather gangsta though...i may just save some for that one.