Not Everyone Is Feeling Good About Obama

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Hating on dude before he even takes office.........so much for hoping the rest of the world likes us better with Barack at the helm.....ridiculous.

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    him a dracula

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Offshore Klan Chapters

• Rock,

Its a bit misleading to show images from a protest in Iran against the USA/Obama and then claim the world isn't loving us because of it.

Let's face it Iran has an interest in fanning anti-American propaganda to its own people and the rest of the world. Add to the fact that their proxy Hamas are currently at war with our proxy Israel and color me not surprised there was an anti-American demonstration staged in Iran.

When you can show me mass protests against Obama in Europe, Asia, and Africa we can talk about how he has failed to win back our lost prestige in the world.

I get the feeling these dudes are like the kids who "protested" to get out of the rest of the high school day...

protesting a dude who hasn't even taken the job yet diminishes the validity of your point, wouldn't you say?

got them on TV/the e-Nets though...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Speaking of Obama. I'm liking his choice of who he's picked to run the FCC. Tho, his choice of one of the top guys over at the Justice Dept. is a little of a let down.

• Its a bit misleading to show images from a protest in Iran against the USA/Obama and then claim the world isn't loving us because of it.

don't really have to travel to Iran, either...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rock,

Its a bit misleading to show images from a protest in Iran against the USA/Obama and then claim the world isn't loving us because of it.

Let's face it Iran has an interest in fanning anti-American propaganda to its own people and the rest of the world. Add to the fact that their proxy Hamas are currently at war with our proxy Israel and color me not surprised there was an anti-American demonstration staged in Iran.

When you can show me mass protests against Obama in Europe, Asia, and Africa we can talk about how he has failed to win back our lost prestige in the world.

So when Obama is as hated as GWB then we'll start worrying.

If they expect/hope Barack will make changes and welcome these changes, what they're doing in Tehran is a weird way to show it.

I would think a reasonable response would be waiting to see what Barack puts in place before they start burning him in effigy......and I've been told the Iranians are reasonable people......but hey, what do I know.

"Hey Mr. Obama, we really expect you change foreign policy when you get the chance but until then we're gonna burn you in effigy.....but in the nicest way possible"

GTFOOHWTBS

__________________________________________________________________________________

Iran's Ahmadinejad offered congratulations to Obama on his election win - the first time an Iranian leader has offered such wishes to a U.S. president-elect since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

In his message to Obama, Ahmadinejad went on to say that nations of the world expect changes from Obama - mostly that he will change current U.S. foreign policy[/b] .

That policy, the note claimed, was based on "warmongering, occupation,
    bullying, deception and humiliation, as well as discrimination and unfair
    relations and has led to hatred of all nations and majority of governments toward the U.S. leaders."

Ahmadinejad also said that Obama is expected to replace such a policy with an approach based on justice and respect, as well as lack of intervention in the affairs of others.

"Iranians will welcome such changes," Ahmadinejad added. [/b]
    Tehran sees Obama's victory as a triumph over the unpopular policies of President George W. Bush, who repeatedly clashed with Iranian leaders while in office over Iran's controversial nuclear program and Tehran's opposition to the U.S.-led invasion and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq in 2001 and 2003, respectively.

• Rock,

• Rock -

How can u be surprised that cats dont like Obama outside of the States or even here in The States?

Hattin' on the President is regular action.

I dont see what the big deal is?

Did u think Obama would eradicate years of skepticism in one fell swoop by just winning?

• Rock,

So when Obama is as hated as GWB then we'll start worrying.

If they expect/hope Barack will make changes and welcome these changes, what they're doing in Tehran is a weird way to show it.

I would think a reasonable response would be waiting to see what Barack puts in place before they start burning him in effigy......and I've been told the Iranians are reasonable people......but hey, what do I know.

"Hey Mr. Obama, we really expect you change foreign policy when you get the chance but until then we're gonna burn you in effigy.....but in the nicest way possible"

GTFOOHWTBS

__________________________________________________________________________________

Iran's Ahmadinejad offered congratulations to Obama on his election win - the first time an Iranian leader has offered such wishes to a U.S. president-elect since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

In his message to Obama, Ahmadinejad went on to say that nations of the world expect changes from Obama - mostly that he will change current U.S. foreign policy[/b] .

That policy, the note claimed, was based on "warmongering, occupation,
    bullying, deception and humiliation, as well as discrimination and unfair
    relations and has led to hatred of all nations and majority of governments toward the U.S. leaders."

Ahmadinejad also said that Obama is expected to replace such a policy with an approach based on justice and respect, as well as lack of intervention in the affairs of others.

"Iranians will welcome such changes," Ahmadinejad added. [/b]
    Tehran sees Obama's victory as a triumph over the unpopular policies of President George W. Bush, who repeatedly clashed with Iranian leaders while in office over Iran's controversial nuclear program and Tehran's opposition to the U.S.-led invasion and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq in 2001 and 2003, respectively.

Rock, every country has reasonable people and every country has total idiots. I think to be making judgements about Iran based on a few photos of idiots is a little bit of a stretch. If there were 500,000 people marching down the street burning effigies of Obama, different story.

Rock -

How can u be surprised that cats dont like Obama outside of the States or even here in The States?

Hattin' on the President is regular action.

I dont see what the big deal is?

Did u think Obama would eradicate years of skepticism in one fell swoop by just winning?

Honestly, I thought that our enemies would see a potential for change for the first time in decades and at least allow Barack to be in power a week or two before continueing the death to America march.

The Iranian president certainly lead the world to believe this would be the case in a number of speeches.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    If there were 500,000 people marching down the street burning effigies of Obama, different story.

Population of Iran: 65,875,224 (July 2008 est.)

• If there were 500,000 people marching down the street burning effigies of Obama, different story.

and...

• I thought that our enemies

"No Viet Cong ever called me Nigger" [/b]

If there were 500,000 people marching down the street burning effigies of Obama, different story.

and...

Even 500K would be less than 1%.....I get it.

• 500K would be one hell of a march though!

• If there were 500,000 people marching down the street burning effigies of Obama, different story.

and...

Even 500K would be less than 1%.....I get it.

Ok, so the equivalent percentage of the US population would be about 2,000,000 people. You're trying to tell me that if 2+ million people were marching down the street burning effigies in the US it wouldn't be significant?

I'm printing out this thread and burning it in the street.

• please stop

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    IMPEACH OBABMAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'm printing out this thread and burning it in the street.

• we might as well ask bin laden and al queda what they think bout O-Dawg?

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    I know I'm not.

Photobucket

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I heard some redneck hospital staff member in the cafeteria making some "monkey/baboon" comments regarding Barack and Michelle Obama. He was talking really loudly, perhaps trying to get a rise out of me, this Black dude sitting by himself (which wasn't happening). I just turned around, shook my head, and dude changed the subject. I'm amazed at how ignorant people can be.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Hey,

I heard some redneck hospital staff member in the cafeteria making some "monkey/baboon" comments regarding Barack and Michelle Obama. He was talking really loudly, perhaps trying to get a rise out of me, this Black dude sitting by himself (which wasn't happening). I just turned around, shook my head, and dude changed the subject. I'm amazed at how ignorant people can be.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I tend to forget how ignorant they can be, but when I am reminded I am always amazed that I have forgotten so easily.

• Hey H*d*y.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The day after the election Rush Limbaugh on his radio show said that he would not work with Obama. That John McCain got x million number of votes and that means he doesn't have to listen to anything Obama said. He was ready to rumble with the president election. Shocking?!?! That little diatribe by Limbaugh is the same as these pictures. It's a bit of PR. Nothing more.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    If a mass protest fell in the woods and only one dozen people showed up...should anybody care?