the-dream "love vs money"

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
for those that enjoyed the last album, do you think this one will be a good follow up?There are 3 songs on the def jam site. http://www.defjam.com/site/artist_av.php?artist_id=652Hopefully it will have the same gap-less format and interesting production like the last one.

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I liked his last album. The only song from these clips (which I think have been floating around for a minute) a lot is Rockin That Thang. I like the title track but the lyrics are kind of ridiculous and lil' jon is annoying.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Hopefully it will have the same gap-less format and interesting production like the last one.
    Agreed. I think the production aesthetic are the same (judging from the clips) but they have a smoother feel. Songs like Nikki were very full and "epic," whereas the songs posted seem to gear towards a minimal pop feel. Could be good. Could be bad.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    it wasnt all gapless to be fair --

rockin that thang is fire. the mariah song is hot. the lil jon song is garbage

• it wasnt all gapless to be fair --

I know. It was only a few parts. I just meant it had it's gapless moments, which is rather unique for an album from an r+b/pop artist like that these days. Showed that they made an album and not just a bunch of random songs. Or even if they were just random songs, they figured out how to connect them together.

the last album was made in something like 12 days, in a rush to ride their wave of success. I kind of wish they had gone in with the same spontaneity for this one.