cheap (free?) web-hosting Q

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Hello web-heads. I'm looking for a decent, cheap web-hosting service with MySQL/PHP after my old (free) one crashed'n'burned due to heavy traffic. Does anybody here have any recommendations?Muchos muchos Ghali.

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I currently admin a few sites on 2 different hosts. These days you can get unlimited space, pretty staggering bandwidth, and unlimited domain sub/co-hosting, so you can have multiple websites on the same server and just pay for one plan. If you can afford to pay for 1 year in advance it comes down to around $10 per month. Haven't met one that doesn't have cpanel and phpMyAdmin etc.

I would recommend HostPapa as they are powered by 100% renewable energy and I haven't had any problems with downtime.

www.hostpapa.com

Poutros Poutremos.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Cheers for the response, we actually looked at them, but they're an American company and we don't want to even pay lip service to the Patriot Act. We've gone for www.ecohost.coop, which is also powered with renewable energy, I think it's also cheaper, and it shouldn't get us into hot water should we feel like blogging some critical remarks about the Regime in charge of the Empire... although if my friend keeps playing Italo Disco Moroderthons, somebody might (please) step in.