Computer Pros (I Need Help!!!)

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I am having a problem that may be very simple. it seems kind of generic but I dont know computer problems all too well so any help would be appreciated!I have a Rapidshare Premium Account. There is no limit to what i can upload or download..when i go to upload something a message pops up that says"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."i retry day after day and nothing. unplugged and restarted my modem. nothing. updated firefox. nothing. logged in and out. nothing!any one know what the problem can be?someone else who is using my account isnt having a problem at all! and there isnt a limit to the number of IPs you can log in from!

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Have you tried using a different web browser?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    yea Safari. and it didnt work either.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    any other web browsers for a Mac i can try?

• try emptying your web cache.
    for firefox, tools, clear private data, and check cache, and restart firefox....

• email rapidshare

that's a crappy answer sorry. But they do have a tech staff if nobody here knows.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I can't even load any rapidshare.com page anymore using any browser on my Mac--it's weird. On the PC it works fine.

• Rapid share is average i found. I use Divshare and have no probs at all. Sorry no help to your problem but im as technical as a herd of elphants.
    Good luck
    Jeff

• man if you have a premium account and a rapidshare downloader it's a wrap. you can get everything.

• radrad 51 Posts
    try Camino (http://caminobrowser.org/)
    I had same problem. Camino solved it.

Also try SpeedDownload(http://www.yazsoft.com/sd/index.html) , great download manager which works perfectly with rapidshare premium acc.

• Do you have NoScript or some other sort of anti-popup ish installed? The upload might require a script to run. Also check any firewall settings you might have as the port might be blocked.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Try using the rapidshare downloader, it allows you to continue broken/interrupted d/ls up/ls.

Do you have the rapidshare security lock turned on/off?

fyi, there is a limit for premium users d/ls. Not sure about up/ls though.