Official Inauguration Roll Call

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Who's going? What's your plan? I don't have a ticket to the actual event, but I'm renting a MiniVan and driving down from NY with some homies. We were trying to figure out if we should leave the 19th to avoid traffic/mayhem. What to do while there? We're playing it by ear as of right now.

Comments

• I got tickets. Going to see Meistro and Deep Sang WITH KARIZMA then head back to New York for 2 days and get it in there.

Dude, I went and bought Amtrack tickets. F*ck driving.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Wasn't feeling the time schedules on Amtrak, plus with 6 of us, its way cheaper to roll in the whip.

• ^^^^

NOT FEELING AMTRAK'S ELBOWS

• Wasn't feeling the time schedules on Amtrak, plus with 6 of us, its way cheaper to roll in the whip.

translation...

the whip is quietly shitting on all Amtrak schedules.

• We got tix in the mail last week. File under "Suitable for Framing."

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Wasn't feeling the time schedules on Amtrak, plus with 6 of us, its way cheaper to roll in the whip.

translation...

the whip is quietly shitting on all Amtrak schedules.

FlagraNTLY actually. There's 2 12s in the trunk of the rental.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Present. I'll be at Marvin 14th and U NW Friday night for extended hours.

Can we get a full roll call and length of time you will be in DC?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I got tickets. Going to see Meistro and Deep Sang WITH KARIZMA then head back to New York for 2 days and get it in there.

I'm playing at that too, [email]P@trick.[/email] see you there.

I'll be there Sunday night as well playing with Dori and his homee Hebegebe. i might actually head out on tuesday night to beat the wednesday madness.

• I'm spinning all Brazilian Thursday night at Saint-Ex and funksouldisco at Marvin on Saturday night.
    Monday night I'll be at the Black Cat (not spinning) for the Chicago Inaugural Ball with Andrew Bird, Ted Leo, Tortoise, Waco Brothers, Eleventh Dream Day, Jon Langford, Sally Timms, David "Honeyboy" Edwards, Ken Vandermark, Freakwater, Icy Demons, Judson Claiborne and Thomas Frank (whew).
    The shop http://somrecordsdc.com/ will be open all weekend from 12-9 or later. Gonna open late (2PM) on inauguration day though to join the hoopla. Say hey.

• I'm gonna go see Delay & co on Monday night. Tuesday it's trying to look at Obama all day, then I'm gonna be DJing here that night:

• did you do that flier/flyer?

• I got tickets. Going to see Meistro and Deep Sang WITH KARIZMA then head back to New York for 2 days and get it in there.

I'm playing at that too, [Email]P@trick.[/Email] see you there.

I'll be there Sunday night as well playing with Dori and his homee Hebegebe. i might actually head out on tuesday night to beat the wednesday madness.

Yeah man I'm going to be bouncing back and forth between your gig and this gig so it's going till 6 in morning

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Present. I'll be at Marvin 14th and U NW Friday night for extended hours.

Can we get a full roll call and length of time you will be in DC?

I will be there(Marvin)as usual from 6-10 with Dc Digga before Fatback, and at Saint-Ex (regular hours, though we will most likely be starting early, 8pm or so) on Saturday night the 17th.

Inaguration day I will be watching from 14th and Pennsylvania from a friend's place of employment by special invitation. Catered, balcony views of the White House, with plenty of indoor seating and restrooms! Hooray!

• seating and restrooms!

for real these are underrated on any parade route. you got the hook up; enjoy.

• did you do that flier/flyer?

yes sir.

• dope.

• Got my ticket in the mail today!

There is so much going on this weekend it is absurd. Here are my picks:

Fri (Dirty) Freedom Bombs (Me & Deep Sang) @ Wonderland
    Saturday DANNY KRIVIT & RON TRENT @ The Loft
    Sunday DJ Spen & Sam Burns @ ESL
    Monday - The KARIZMA jump-off with a whole bunch of folks @ the Loft
    Tues - RnR Hotel (Scottie B, Blaqstarr, Mike 2600, Cousin Cole, Me, Deep Sang, and a bunch of other locals)

Also, King Britt, Daz I-Kue, Terry Hunter, Sam Burns, Nickodemus, and whole bunch of others are @ ESL on Tues

Here is a good wrap up of all the events going on:

http://www.districtsoul.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=16354&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

If anyone has questions about venues, neighborhoods, etc, just holler.

• Got my ticket in the mail today!

me too. don't think I'ma make it though!

whymusticry

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Saturday @ Wonderland (1101 Kenyon St. NW) with Nitekrawler & Lunch Money...

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1250845&an=0&page=0#Post1250845

• This one will be fun.

Thanks to D-Mac for the beautiful flyer!

• Round 1 starts tonight w/ Dirty Bombs (Deep Sang and myself) @ Wonderland.

Monday is the big one:
    cop tickets (going fast) here > www.going.com/yeswedid (saves you 5 bucks too)