Rep the last turd you bought

2»

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Dude, 49th Parallel is NOT a turd.

I was trying to like it, too, but like I said, the horns and the vocal arrangements tipped it into American Breed territory, which I wasn't feeling. I'll probably get back to it again, somewhere down the road, but I'm gonna file it away for now.

(SOI, you're not an American Breed fan too, are you?)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

(SOI, you're not an American Breed fan too, are you?)

Not much, although they have a decent track here or there.

But, as for 49th Parallel, how can anyone not like "Close the Barn Door"
    or even "Twilight Woman?" I know the album has some real filler, but I
    just don't see how it can be called a "turd."

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

In the moment after just seeing the front cover, I was all
    "OMG HOMEMADE PSYCH-FOLK MASTERPIECE PHASING FUZZ RAER"

but was pretty much ready to just put it back when I saw the nun
    on the back, and all her Sisters listed as the singers & musicians:

But I finally decided to risk the dollar since there was a whole band listed:

... but I should have saved my buck, it was a total terd.

Last year I was digging in Albany, NY and picked up that record's evil twin. I'd have to go dig it up in my record room to get the exact title, but it had the same kind of facemelt cover, with the same exact kind of turdmelt back cover, wherein it was revealed that what I had was a church/folk group of middle aged, horn-rimmed, bake-sale ladies. It was 50 cents so I bought it for laughs.

But there was that split-second "they're gonna love this on the Strut" moment...

Stay offa my lawnzz!
    Yeah, these records blow, and so do all the other ones but Flora Purnim which I like ok.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

"Go Gay"

In those days in Nigeria I'm guessing that would get you a death sentence.

• In the moment after just seeing the front cover, I was all
    "OMG HOMEMADE PSYCH-FOLK MASTERPIECE PHASING FUZZ RAER"

but was pretty much ready to just put it back when I saw the nun
    on the back, and all her Sisters listed as the singers & musicians:

But I finally decided to risk the dollar since there was a whole band listed:

... but I should have saved my buck, it was a total terd.

Last year I was digging in Albany, NY and picked up that record's evil twin. I'd have to go dig it up in my record room to get the exact title, but it had the same kind of facemelt cover, with the same exact kind of turdmelt back cover, wherein it was revealed that what I had was a church/folk group of middle aged, horn-rimmed, bake-sale ladies. It was 50 cents so I bought it for laughs.

But there was that split-second "they're gonna love this on the Strut" moment...

Stay offa my lawnzz!
    Yeah, these records blow, and so do all the other ones but Flora Purnim which I like ok.

I'm up on that lawn 4 or 5 times a year (in-laws live up that way)...

*Shakes fist
    In Alb proper, or Milfton Park/Troilet/Skankectady/or Latham?
    It's all good btw

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

"Go Gay"

In those days in Nigeria I'm guessing that would get you a death sentence.

I think in the original sense, Gay means "happy, energetic, positive" and that's how it was used in the English speaking Africa of the 70s. I have an Afrobeat 45 from Ghana somewhere that says "gay beat" next to the title as a description of the songs rhythm.

I guess you meant "these days", meaning the extreme Islamistic tendecies in the Northern regions where in some parts they basically have the sharia in effect. I guess that's right, the display of any "gay" (as in the modern understanding of the world) behavior could possibly get you killed. Very sad topic.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

But, as for 49th Parallel, how can anyone not like "Close the Barn Door"
    or even "Twilight Woman?"

well, what can I say, bro? that is one hellafied psych guitar on both cuts, and thats the best thang i can say about it

it may not be a turd, but it aint exactly going in the FIVE STAR CLASSIX section either

Wow, Reagan was out there early on actively douching it up, a prolific, historic douche. One for the ages.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Wow, Reagan was out there early on actively douching it up, a prolific, historic douche. One for the ages.

pinky ring, and false lean = weak

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

turdless digs seems impossible, part of the $bin game, row of turds gotta unload these real soon, heres some recent joints i should have walked away from:

had antolini on drums.. didnt help much

stringbeat reincarnated, not close

swedish rekkid that sucked sooo much

yeah whatever.. whats your top ten artie butlers anyway??

again covers can be misleading

10 out of 10 danish disco records are crap!!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Bought this turd today:

I looked so promising; homemade cover art, melodica, horns, percussions, Virgin UK label, released 1976. I was hoping for some reggae heat but unfortunatly it turned out to be odd pub rock. Beware of this turd if you see it in the field.

• NOT feelin'

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    The pizza shooters at Guy Fieri's Times Square spot.