I GOT A BILLI

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Yeah I just bought TWO of them. The missus wants to frame them.AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Comments

• currency exchange?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    hahahahaha

• 1.00 USD

=

9,326,444.00 ZWD

Nb: The Zimbabwe government redenominated the ZWD on August 1, 2008 at a rate of 10,000,000,000 old ZWD to 1 new ZWD.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Actually ebay. Apparently currency exchanges won't carry them. Paid $8 for the 2 of them. These particular notes were the ones a German company was printing and had to stop as the paper was worth more than the value of the note!

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    buying something there must have been a huge pain in the ass

"how much for this basket"
    "oh, only 9,334,455,100 dollars"
    "ok" *opens up wallet bursting with paper and counts it for 30 minutes*

• hilarious!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Not to mention the Cholera outbreak there. Mugabe

• Can you really use money when its like that? People must be figuring out their own solutions.

Well the official exchange rate doesn't really reflect what is happening on the ground. Basically anyone with hard currency rules supreme, and good are worth whatever price you can negotiate at the time. Subsistence living and barter is becoming the norm, which isn't a disaster, except for the fact that the economy/infrastructure of the country isn't setup to run like that. Hence total humanitarian disaster.

I've heard that most retailers are only accepting foreign currency, like the British Pound or the American Dollar - is this correct?

**EDIT**
    I just wanted to point out that I am not mocking the plight of the Zimbabwe people - what is happening there is nothing short of a disaster. Robert Mugabe and his evil practices need to cease. If the UN can't/won't step in, hopefully the people will take control. If they can't eat, what have they left to lose?

• Not to mention the Cholera outbreak there. Mugabe

Yea for real... dude had potential too.

• I've heard that most retailers are only accepting foreign currency, like the British Pound or the American Dollar - is this correct?

Correct, but it is like that in many developing countries.

Zimbabwe steps up it's game:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7832601.stm