NOOOOOOOOOOOOO (RAMEN-R)

2»

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    i dont mind it. prolly wont watch it tho unless its a lonely nite with me and blockbuster. anyone notice that the "ramen" shop has a "soba" sign? kind of odd being that if one was truly a ramen master he'd fly his ramen flag instead.

Hi Shig! Ramen is a Japanese noodle soup, but is originally from China. Soba are Japanese noodles usually served in noodle soup. Some old school ramen shops in Japan call their soup "Chuka Soba" roughly meaning Chinese style Japanese noodle soup. The red and white noren on the front of the noodle shop in the preview had "Chuka Soba" written on it. I hope this helps explain things a little.
    How are things in L.A.? You good? Karaoke and shochu?

• ah so ka! i was looking at some of johnbos youtuber things and a lot of the top30 ramen joints on nhk have that chukka sign also. so i figured it was some sort of old school thing. also, did u see this? when taishoken ,the inventor of tsuke-men, closed up a few years ago there was a line a few hundred people long at 7am.

• i actually never watched the clip til just then- with some of the earlier responses i thought it was something horrible and graphic that would turn me off soup and noodles forever.
    that was hi-larious tho!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

ah so ka! i was looking at some of johnbos youtuber things and a lot of the top30 ramen joints on nhk have that chukka sign also. so i figured it was some sort of old school thing. also, did u see this? when taishoken ,the inventor of tsuke-men, closed up a few years ago there was a line a few hundred people long at 7am.

I used to eat at Taishoken in the early 90s. There was ALWAYS a STUPID long line!!!! Fools would bring folding chairs and reading material for the wait. Homies that work there would count the number of people in the line and at a certain point in the line they would tell everyone from that point and back, "Sorry, come back tomorrow!" They knew exactly how many servings they had. That was such a CLASSIC spot. I waited 60 to 90 minutes in line a number of times.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    u guys are serious ramen heads
    it's fuggin rad

• snakessnakes 20 Posts
    Ramen noodles are used as currency in jail.
    People would add beans and rice and crushed up Doritos.
    I dont ever want to eat them again.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

THREAD DEFLATE

• snakessnakes 20 Posts
    Didn't mean to knock anyone off their Ramen high.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    i actually never watched the clip til just then- with some of the earlier responses i thought it was something horrible and graphic that would turn me off soup and noodles forever.

I tend to joke around a lot, but when it comes to saimin and ramen, no.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

I can't find the website with the button, so:

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I can't believe how bad yet awesome this shit is, I just watched it. Seriously, I watched it, I couldn't help myself, hah!

She wears Louboutins while scrubbing a squat toilet.

Also yellow man gets white gal, so laaaaaar!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I can't believe how bad yet awesome this shit is, I just watched it. Seriously, I watched it, I couldn't help myself, hah!

She wears Louboutins while scrubbing a squat toilet.

Also yellow man gets white gal, so laaaaaar!

I watched it also.

Very crapola!!!

Cept, Toshiyuki Nishida kinda kicked ass. I ride for him in this flick. Or most flick for that matter. Watched him in The Haunted Samurai the other night.

yellow man gets white gal

Isn't this the story of your life?

I KEED I KEED...

• ba-bump. I just saw that this schitt is on netflix instant.