Has there ever been a worse look?

Comments

• Faux_Rillz' tenure would be dedicated to The War On Deejery.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Edith Head for moderator.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Do you get paid to be a moderator or something? If not why would anyone want to be one? The thought of having to read and police every post made on this board is enough to give me night terrors for the rest of my life.

• Do you get paid to be a moderator or something? If not why would anyone want to be one? The thought of having to read and police every post made on this board is enough to give me night terrors for the rest of my life.

For The Glory, son. Heroes live forever.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

We tend to have "moderators" in name only--I don't think Mark actually exercised his powers for the purposes of moderation during the entire three years he had them. I don't recall him ever using them in a way that wasn't abusive.

What we need is not more moderators but moderators who will actually do the job.

OOPS I WAS DEAD WRONG ABOUT YOUR KEEN MEMORY AND MYTHICAL POWERS OF MENTAL RECALL

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Agreed

Her or Bassie.

Tho, I'm sure they are both to busy watching SITR to moderate us fools/

Maybe even make it an all female modded forum. HAHA

-someone who is not a habitual drunk poaster prone to drunken online freakouts that inevitably annoy people (isnt this why people would ask for mark to step down in the first place?)

NO

AGREED

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

-someone who is not a habitual drunk poaster prone to drunken online freakouts that inevitably annoy people (isnt this why people would ask for mark to step down in the first place?)

NO

sorry. you seemed drunk to me sometimes, especially when there were a few moments when you randomly deleted threads. i thought it was cuz you were drunk and didn't give a fusk

I AM DRUNK RIGHT NOW, SIKE

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Do you get paid to be a moderator or something?

YOU GET PAID TO DELETE POASTS HERE

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    why do we need more moderators?

because we are out of control?

i really don't believe that more moderators necessarily translates to more regulating.

We tend to have "moderators" in name only--I don't think Mark actually exercised his powers for the purposes of moderation during the entire three years he had them. I don't recall him ever using them in a way that wasn't abusive.

What we need is not more moderators but moderators who will actually do the job.

if Raj is actively looking, this is what i think makes a good moderator:

-someone who checks everyday and reads a lot of threads, but doesn't feel compelled to post in every one. just like in the real world, i think people who observe/listen more than they talk are usually ones who make smart and balanced decisions

-someone who doesn't get all angry/emotional easily and susceptible to pissing contests and similiarly...

-someone doesn't troll or poast with the intention of getting a rise out of someone for cheap laffs

Somebody with this set of traits would never be interested in Soul Strut[/b]

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    why do we need more moderators?

because we are out of control?

i really don't believe that more moderators necessarily translates to more regulating.

if Raj is actively looking, this is what i think makes a good moderator:

-someone who checks everyday and reads a lot of threads, but doesn't feel compelled to post in every one. just like in the real world, i think people who observe/listen more than they talk are usually ones who make smart and balanced decisions

-someone who doesn't get all angry/emotional easily and susceptible to pissing contests and similiarly...

-someone doesn't troll or poast with the intention of getting a rise out of someone for cheap laffs

Somebody with this set of traits would be BORING[/b]

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    In seriousness, I think Rey would be an excellent moderator.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I miss kala

his absence has upset the balance of the force

• ^Seconded

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I think everyone read back over those old bumped threads and realized how boring and conservative things have gotten (until recently).

• -someone who checks everyday and reads a lot of threads, but doesn't feel compelled to post in every one.

i guess BATMON is out of the question.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    I miss kala

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    -someone who checks everyday and reads a lot of threads, but doesn't feel compelled to post in every one.

I far from post in every thread.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    -someone who checks everyday and reads a lot of threads, but doesn't feel compelled to post in every one.

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dose...ch=1&fromprof=1

That's every thread thread? WTF?

• -someone who checks everyday and reads a lot of threads, but doesn't feel compelled to post in every one.

True, you don't post in the sales section.

True, you don't post in the sales section.

If u dont have a Red Vinyl B-Boys Girls Part 2 - I cant fusk w/ u.

• I miss kala

i don't want to be moderator but thanks. also i poast under the influence occasionally. i don't think i'd be good at this

i decided my 09 resolution is to be like BATMON only instead of poasting youtube vids that i'll never click on, i'll respond with pics of stuff that appears on my TV instead of words. you hear that BATMON?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    brilliant.

i don't want to be moderator but thanks. also i poast under the influence occasionally. i don't think i'd be good at this

i decided my 09 resolution is to be like BATMON only instead of poasting youtube vids that i'll never click on, i'll respond with pics of stuff that appears on my TV instead of words. you hear that BATMON?

• i don't want to be moderator but thanks. also i poast under the influence occasionally. i don't think i'd be good at this

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww fo days!!