Oh my god!

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Detectives said the building averages 7 jumpers a year. She was aparently a tenant on the 37th floor. They are interviewing her neighbors to see if there was foul play. I can't get back to my office 'til at least 3. I have too much work to get caught up on to leave. What a shitty day. The weather is just as depressing as the situation.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    wow! like you needed to deal with that. Luckily she didn't harm anybody else. How old was she?

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    whoa. didn't think about foul play.
    get with friends and to echo the sentiment above, don't hit the bottle too hard tonight.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    People live in the building?

• I can't get back to my office 'til at least 3. I have too much work to get caught up on to leave.

I know what it's like to be incredibly busy at work, but sometimes you gotta take a step back and think of you first.
    If you're not feeling well, you need to take some time to get peace of mind

I'm sorry man

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    whoops, didn't read the whole thread
    sux dude, get some rest and help...ugh

• Jesus.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    god DAMN...that shit happened RIGHT out your window. That would have scared the F*ck out of me...then turn around like "what the F*ck" and be like "oh shit!!"

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Tom, I'm sorry you had to witness that. I'm here if you need me. You should def. talk to somebody about it and occupy your mind with other things (as hard as that may be).

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    ah man, that picture alone without the body is troubling enough...can't imagine what it was really like. Hope you're okay, dude.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Jesus. I'm really sorry to hear about this, Delay. That must have been a horrific thing witness.

Here's a short news report about the incident.

WOMAN JUMPS FROM EMPIRE STATE BUILDING[/b]

A middle-aged woman plunged to her death today after she apparently jumped out a 39th-floor window of the Empire State Building, police said.

The 54-year-old Manhattan woman, whose name was witheld pending family notification, was working at North Bay Apparel clothing store in the famed 5th Avenue skscraper when she leaped out a window just before noon, cops said.

She crashed down on a balcony on the 25th-floor and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police sources said the woman, who lived on West 34th Street, did not leave a suicide note.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01072009/new...ding_149094.htm

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Here's the questions no-one is asking:

1) did you take any pix?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Damn, dude, shit is nuts. My best to you, sir.

• stay strong and maybe call friends and family to let them know how important they are to you...it's not often that we are reminded how short life is so it's good to remind yourself and others just how awesome it is to be alive. That's my 2 cents.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Step back man, and find someone to share it with face to face.
    About eight years ago I was driving under a bridge a dude bounced off the pavement not two feet from my car as I was coming out the other side. By the time I pulled over he was dead, blowing blood bubbles out of his mouth. They found he had no ID on him... as planned I think.
    To this day when I pass that spot I get flash backs, and still get the creeps. If it's possible to move your office, or at least your desk, I HIGHLY recommend doing so if you think this shit's gonna stick with you.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

1) did you take any pix?

For real. To all of you stupid motherfuckers posting dumb shit, think twice. None of that is needed here.

• Stay strong but seek out some pro help.

Peace my man,

Dress

1) did you take any pix?

i totally disagree. i mean, we don't need any pix of this, but that logic applied to the past would have meant this chilling yet incredible photo would have never been taken: http://kottke.org/08/07/the-most-beautiful-suicide (tom don't click on it). there's a warhol version too: http://www2.khm.de/audiolectures/audiolectures02/01_bildmaterial/VL1_13_04_05Abb1-42/images/17.jpg

1) did you take any pix?

i totally disagree. i mean, we don't need any pix of this, but that logic applied to the past would have meant this chilling yet incredible photo would have never been taken: http://kottke.org/08/07/the-most-beautiful-suicide (tom don't click on it). there's a warhol version too: http://www2.khm.de/audiolectures/audiolectures02/01_bildmaterial/VL1_13_04_05Abb1-42/images/17.jpg

That's BULLSHIT.

Warhol grabbed that shit from an archive.

Every f*ckin thing doesnt need to be documented.

Use your f*ckin memory.

Technology has made people masterbate w/ the photo game. Its stupid.

A woman lost her life and u think recording the body is top priority.

nah i don't need an iphone snap of this modern day nonsense
    but at the same time that historical photo is amazing

• Sad news.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    jesus christ people.

NO. The fact that Warhol recontextualized that shit for a public that LOVES death is where the magic lies.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    what the fuck?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

NO. The fact that Warhol recontextualized that shit for a public that LOVES death is where the magic lies.

Wouldn't that instance have to do more with exploitation than archiving though?
    I'm of the thinking that everything should be archived. History tends to be harder to rewrite when documentation exists. I'm speaking generally.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    yeah thats neat but maybe that should be in another thread entirely and not in the one where a friend of many of us just saw something tragic.

• As anticipated this thread got weird.

Wouldn't that instance have to do more with exploitation than archiving though?
    I'm of the thinking that everything should be archived. History tends to be harder to rewrite when documentation exists. I'm speaking generally.

Delay - shake it off and hold your head.

• It's easy not to see the severity of this until you've seen it. I thought I was hard till I saw a guy ge shot in the head. That put me in a funk for weeks.

Stay strong, bro.

• I can't believe some of you idiots.

Tom, I'm sorry this happened to you today. Definitely go distract yourself and keep your head up.