Oh my god!

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I work on the 25th floor of the empire state building. The entire floor is surrounded by a balcony. My office is right by awindow that opens to said terrace. I was on the phone with a vendor, when I saw something fall and slam into the terrace. It was a woman. I looked out the window and saw her breathing. I called 911, and there are like 40 police and emts here now. They just pronounced her dead. They are bringing her body through my office window

Comments

• Damn, that's horrible. I guess she jumped?

• sucks that she was still breathing! i often think of what that shit would be like and i guess you have to really hope for death on contact.

still, thats some startling shit to see outside your window. poor lady.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    WOW! That is seriously nuts.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    HOLY SHIT.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I was the last person to see her alive

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Here's the questions no-one is asking:

1) did you take any pix?

2) did you storm out onto the balcony to aid the poor lady, perhaps offer the solace of a kindly stranger in her last moments?

• Oh shit! Hey, maybe you can get out early on some traumatized tip.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    HOLY SHIT.

you're the witness of her death

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    HOLY SHIT.

Just having the conversation at work about suicides being on the rise. Hope everyone finds peace...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i can see down 5th Ave from my building and saw a flurry of flashing lights. that sucks!

• that's terrible.

I have a feeling this thread is going to get weird.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    that's terrible.

I have a feeling this thread is going to get weird.

You're not alone with that one.

That's a horrible thing to witness though. Damn.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    that's terrible.

I have a feeling this world is going to get weird.

• I work on the 25th floor of the empire state building. The entire floor is surrounded by a balcony. My office is right by awindow that opens to said terrace. I was on the phone with a vendor, when I saw something fall and slam into the terrace. It was a woman. I looked out the window and saw her breathing. I called 911, and there are like 40 police and emts here now. They just pronounced her dead. They are bringing her body through my office window

W T F Damn Tom....that is crazy...

• Jesus that's awful....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I work on the 25th floor of the empire state building. The entire floor is surrounded by a balcony. My office is right by awindow that opens to said terrace. I was on the phone with a vendor, when I saw something fall and slam into the terrace. It was a woman. I looked out the window and saw her breathing. I called 911, and there are like 40 police and emts here now. They just pronounced her dead. They are bringing her body through my office window

Hey Tom,

I'm sorry you witnessed something so horrific. I pray peace for her soul, family, and you.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Damn T*m, that's some horrible shit to deal with. I hope you're okay.

• I'm sorry you witnessed something so horrific. I pray peace for her soul, family, and you.

A college friend and her sisters were the first people to call 911 after the Colin Ferguson LIRR shootings... she was very thankful for the therapy the state provided.

If they offer help, don't shy away.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    That is so sad and frightening. I would be traumatized if I witness that.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    that's terrible.

I have a feeling this world is fucked[/b] and will only change with the arrival or Lord Flock & Floosh.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    god damn Tom, you aight?

• That is pretty f'ed up! What happened? Makes you appreciate the fact that you're still alive.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I was diggin at a carboot sale that's held in a multistory carpark, and this young girl decided, that was the place she was going to end it all.
    Still haunts me slightly. Definately good advice to talk about it with someone, professional or otherwise.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    go up to the observation deck and see if you can hit her with a penny

• Jesus Tom, give me a call if you need to. I'm here.

What a terrible thing to see. I'm sorry it happened to you.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Selperfuge, I would definitely say that reading the majority of your posts over the past several months that you're one of the lamest posters on this site. Good thing nobody pays any attention to you.

Hope you're okay Tom and def holler at some people if you need to rap about that. Also, take the rest of the day off and maybe go to the movies.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    If you want to kill yourself, you should have the decency to do it where you won't affect other people with it. Imagine if a child would have to see some shit like that. Sometimes jumpers even kill other people by landing on top of them. Call me heartless but that's some seriously selfish and inconsidersate way to end your life.

Cosign on taking the rest of the day off.
    Did they offer you to talk to a therapist?
    Maybe you should, this could have some effect on you later down the line.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    If you want to kill yourself, you should have the decency to do it where you won't affect other people with it.

^^ truth, landing on someone and killing two people is not cool.

• Tom stay strong dude. I wouldn't drink tonight, just chill out and get some rest and a good night sleep.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    go up to the observation deck and see if you can hit her with a penny

dude, that's a really dumb-ass thing to say. delete it.

Hope you're good Delay, that's an awful experience.