Emergency MP3 Request (Volumen, Don't LOOK!)

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Sike, but yeah I'm spinning tonight and I really want to play Creedence "Down On The Corner"Does anyone have an MP3 of that beyach? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I don't got it, but I'm curious, how you gonna flip it? Or are you just gonna play it straight?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Naw I was fucking with this beat with it. Nubian Crackers jawn which is like the Bobby Byrd jawn for Hot Pants I'm Comin jawn. I did it before but tonight I wanna do it again.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Raystar
    Public Bonehead

Reged: 11/02/03
    Loc: ???She always cries when I tell her that I???ll be going back on the road again??? (I always cry???) tears in her eyes tell me that I???m the man someday she???ll be marrying.???

wow, I haven't heard that shit in AGES

Hey Cosmo - sorry I can't help with that joint

It's grown folks night over here and i i i can't wait

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i have a question about the lyrics in "down on the corner." when ccr refers to "homeboys" what was that slang for back in the day? can't be the same meaning is it? how did it originate? school me.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    i have a question about the lyrics in "down on the corner." when ccr refers to "homeboys" what was that slang for back in the day? can't be the same meaning is it? how did it originate? school me.
    Um, Poor Boys?
    But, uh, are you joking? If this was sarcasm, I guess I'm just dumb. But yeah, I might be wrong, but I think it's Willie and the Poor Boys.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

The album it came from was called Willie & The Poor Boys[/b], and what I liked about the cover specifically was the corner store vibe, a common theme which you don't see too much of these days:

Jimmy Smith, Charles Wright, Country Comfort, etc.

MP3? Here:

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IG29HCR2CVM40HA5DNIP2DA9Y

excellent, see i DID NOT KNOW THAT. please get used to my stupid questions, im ignorant in many senses of the word as u probably noticed by my questions on this forum, but am mighty pleased to absorb the knowledge.

excellent, see i DID NOT KNOW THAT. please get used to my stupid questions, im ignorant in many senses of the word as u probably noticed by my questions on this forum, but am mighty pleased to absorb the knowledge.

There were a small handful of albums my dad was into when I was a kid, before we moved to Honolulu. This was one of them, and "Down On The Corner" was one of his favorite songs, and eventually mine. When I hear that song (and even when the Beastie Boys sampled it), I immediately see that cover of the band in front and the kids getting down.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    what I liked about the cover specifically was the corner store vibe, a common theme which you don't see too much of these days:

Perfect example. There's one particular photo that's in the gatefold of an album, and if I can ever recreate that, I would use it for the inside of one of my projects. It would be found inside this album:

EDIT[/b]: I'm without a scanner, so this is the best I could do:

This photo was taken somewhere in downtown Honolulu, and like any other store, you see cracked seed right in the front. You can't see him too well in this picture, but in the background on the right side smoking a cigarette is Gabby Pahinui. This photo captures a lot for me, lots of memories, going back to some of the first music I listened to.

• and sorta