My Powerless PowerBook

Mad Drama TeacherMad Drama Teacher 1,985 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
It won't turn on.I've tried unplugging it for hours and turning it back on. I've tried leaving it plugged in for hours and turning it back on. It won't turn on.Anyone know the answer?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Cord?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    MDT: Could be any number of problems. Get thee to a Genius Bar. I wish I had something more useful but having spent a lot of time around Macs and their possible problems, the failure to turn on could be indicative of several possible issues, some simple, some not so.

But I think you'll have to get a technician to look into it.

• Even if you don't have a warranty the genius bar tech's will still look at it and (hopefully) diagnose the problem. I'd get it down to them.

• You could try doing a hard reboot. Apple-ctrl-power, I think. Sometimes the PMU gets confused and goes into eternal sleep.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    lol apple

i would first check to see if its actually charging (shits lit up or whatever)
    a new battery would be the next step. your current one could more than likely be dead since its older than a mufuckah

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    if you press the flat round button of your battery, more than one of the green lcds that indicate the charging level should light up. I once had the same problem and it was just a faulty euro-us power adapter and the battery was completely empty.

• take the battery out and then plug it in and see if it boots... then put the battery back in.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    could be a battery problem too, I just got a free one from Apple because there were some issues with the MacBook/Powerbooks from about 2 years ago.

but you have to be within 2 years of your purchase date. If you're not, then tell them you've been out of the country since just before the 2 years was up...that's what I did and they hooked me up. I told the lady it was giving me problems right before I left but I didn't have time to look it up until now when I got back and the only way I found out that it was an issue was in the comments section of the battery I was just about to purchase from their website.