new years finds

subsub 311 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
george harrison box set and some early german punk. got them from a friend of mine. and most important: a lovely digging cat...PhotobucketPhotobucket

Comments

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    just make sure that little guy doesn't bite the spines of your rare jazz records.

------happened to me.

• nice pussy!

I kid I kid..feelin randy today I suppose.

belated Christmas present...not find per se, but an acquisition

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    how many Doc Gibbs do you got now?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    how many Doc Gibbs do you got now?

One.....the sealed one I found today which will be exiled to France ASAP.

• rockadelic, what's that cousin joe in new orleans lp?

• Got this in the mail yesterday:

Download here:
    http://alek-toiowo.blogspot.com/2008/03/grupa-abc-andrzeja-nebeskiego.html

I also found a job.

And a venue for Masala Beat Club right in the heart of Hollywood:

http://www.josephscafe.com/

Get ready to party Indian style on Thursday Feb. 5th.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    just a few. all are for sale/trade

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    just a few. all are for sale/trade

How`s the Manfredo Fest? I like Brasilian Dorian Dream.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    its pretty good. couple nice rhodes tracks

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Picked up the following at today's record fair

Malcolm X College 1972 - Great LP - Spare
    Gregory James Edition - Prophets of Soul - The version of Aint no Sunshine! - Spare
    Heaven and Earth - Refuge - Nice to finally get an original copy of this folk funk masterpiece, means that their is a 90's reissue up for grabs.
    Laura - Coming Apart - Another funky folk beauty, amazing version of Love Song - Spare

The Isleys - It's Our Thing - Great funky Soul LP
    John Wirtz & The New Les Boys - Souvenir of Seychelles - This could be a rare afro island funk monster or it could be shit, probably the later!
    Ernie Wilkins - Screaming Mothers - Amazing funky big band double LP, so many great tracks! - Spare
    Laurie Johnson - Synthesis - Rare UK only jazz LP - Spare

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    just make sure that little guy doesn't bite the spines of your rare jazz records.

------happened to me.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    only one thing of note so far.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I've given the Soul Generation a pass a few times, and after finally picking it up I've learnt my first valuable lesson of '09: there's alot of shit-hot music that I've let slip past over the years that deserves a second chance. Hands down one of the best soul albums I've heard.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    I've given the Soul Generation a pass a few times, and after finally picking it up I've learnt my first valuable lesson of '09: there's alot of shit-hot music that I've let slip past over the years that deserves a second chance. Hands down one of the best soul albums I've heard.

How's the cover of "Burning Spear" on the Joe Pass??

It's good, unfortunately, S.O.U.L did such an outrageous version that everything pales in comparison, IMO. There's three other nice tracks on the album though... Carol Kaye prod.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

Is that Cravo e Canela an OG?
    If so, congrats!
    Never saw one before.

Absolutely NOT! I'd been looking for a copy for several years and wept tears of joy when it got re-ished a couple of months ago. Well connected brazillian dealers I know say that even in brazil it's a once inna a lifetime score.

Absolutely NOT! I'd been looking for a copy for several years and wept tears of joy when it got re-ished a couple of months ago. Well connected brazillian dealers I know say that even in brazil it's a once inna a lifetime score.

Yeah, mythical raer.

Did you buy it online?
    Superfly records had a few copies of the reissue,
    but when I checked they were gone.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

i felt like a little kid putting this record on. i cant tell you how long its been since thats happened. the 1st kool g rap song made me pretty much spaz out.
    got these over the last two weeks as well:

among some others. obviously those arent my pics, but c/p is just way easier right now.

Yeah, mythical raer.

Did you buy it online?
    Superfly records had a few copies of the reissue,

I copped mine through Paulo at Superfly.... it was a pricy re-ish, but it's done with luv and sounds much better then the worn original I drooled over when I first heard the album. You can find it on e-bay still:

cravo

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    looks like superfly just got some more copies

• from the last two weeks -

The three "beach music" records were all found in the same South Carolina thrift store appropriately.

The post-punk came from the same source as last month.

The Latin Brothers LP was a store walk in and looked so rough I almost passed on it. Well it plays great and is an amazing salsa LP to boot.

The 12"s are
    Amose - Dance to the Megablast (Wild Pitch)
    Spicey Ham - Sex, Sex and More Sex (B-Boy)
    Higher Ground - Shake 'Em Up (Enjoy)

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    from the last two weeks -

The three "beach music" records were all found in the same South Carolina thrift store appropriately.

THATS SO WEIRD I JUST FOUND THE EMBERS, THE TAMS AND GENERAL JOHNSON LP'S OUT HERE IN MA THIS PAST WEEKEND.

PEACE,XAVIER

I copped mine through Paulo at Superfly.... it was a pricy re-ish, but it's done with luv and sounds much better then the worn original I drooled over when I first heard the album. You can find it on e-bay still:

cravo

Thanks for that link.
    I saw it but thought $50 is a bit expensive.
    Will grab it from Superfly, though.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I usually try to buy 1 guitar a year, didn't buy one last year. But took delivery today of this 1962 Gretsch 6120 for well below valuation. So over the moon with it. A friend just got a darker colored '64 version & seeing that his was so nice got me wanting one of my own. It plays like butter, sounds amazing.