video clip from my last party

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Leigh Iacobucci filmed this as a part of her movie documentary.Big thanx to everybody who made it down there and to strutters Ian, Zach and Scott for their support!I'm still on the lookout for a new venue, this party has to be continued!

Comments

• Damn, that's reassuring to see that a party so specific can be that successful.

As always, good work dude.

BTW, what are those boxy-elementary-school-record player-lookin' needles you're rocking there?

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    You'll find a home quickly. I've checked out the party once, it was the second night you did it. I was too drunk before I even got there. I heard some amazing afro tunes, then the room started spinning, and I bounced.

Let us know when you start up again, I am so there!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    You should do a night at Crossroads in DC (PG County).

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Damn, that's reassuring to see that a party so specific can be that successful.

As always, good work dude.

BTW, what are those boxy-elementary-school-record player-lookin' needles you're rocking there?

Wasn't all that successful. I had a hard time getting people to come down. The final night then I had 250 people... at least gave me motivation enough to try it again at another venue.

Those are sure whitelabels.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    You should do a night at Crossroads in DC (PG County).

I'll look them up online, thanx!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Come to Austin for SXSW in March. Team up with Martin Perna (of Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra) and do a non-SXSW-sanctioned show with his latest outfit Ocote Sol Sounds. Just don't talk to anyone about your feelings on what's happening in Gaza.

• I'm really disappointed I didn't get a chance to make it down to NYC to check it out at Santos. Let's us know where it will be next time.

• Hey Frank,
    sorry i didn't make it down for the last one, but the other nights were magical! i seriously have not danced like that in a long time. highly recommended!
    but strutters, seriously, find this man some hot gigs around the US, he (and the records he cares for) will blow minds, and he is a seriously awesome dude!
    big ups Frank, good luck in the new year!