end of 2008 record finds GOING OUT WITH A......

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
WITH A HUGE STACK OF SEALED PLACEBOS FROM BELGIAN WAREHOUSE STOCK!!!!!!

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    not relly.. but found this $bin which iz almost as good!

plus some..

• i passed on this HAIR a few dyas ago as it was a little expensive - - is it any good?

this is my lot recently:

BLACK KEYS - "thickfreackedness" (my fav of their albums -- finally got round to picking it up again, as my original copy was stolen at a house party a few years back)
    SMALL FACES - "odgens nutgone flake" (classic - -thanks DJ Ferrari for a good setsale experience!)
    v/a - "rhythmus 72" (been after a copy for ages - finally got one cheap. a couple of ace proggy breakbeat numbers that are only on the comp, and another track wwith a lovely open break or the beatheadzzzz)
    ULTIMATE SPINACH - "behold & see" (another that ive been idly looking for for ages)
    MUSIC MACHINE - "talk talk" (a few duffers, but mostly an ace listen ... my Bonniwell sure had a nice fuzz sound)

45's:
    VARIATIONS - "generations" (awesome hard rocking french business with a lovely guitar/drums breakdown in the middle)
    FRANCE GALL - "zozoi" (jazzman reish - -cant afford an OG at the moment )

• best week of diggin in a while...all of these are in the field finds, so nice to dig up top shelf sides the old fashioned way, the e-diggin aint as fun or as cheap

please excuse the amatuerness of the pics, I got a new camera for xmas, and apparently I havent learned to use it properly

Also found this raer INXS piece, but dude wanted $600,000 and I told him not a penny over $500,000...times are tough dude

• Hook Up, what's the Yugoslavian ish?

• Hook Up, what's the Yugoslavian ish?

honestly Im not sure, I scooped it because its the OG version (I think, or perhaps its a cover) of this one Turkish female fuzz bomb I have by Senay...this one is a little more conventionaly arranged and not as over the top than the Senay, but still a great late 60s psych pop tune...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Nice one man!!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    How's the Elige Brown?

• How's the Elige Brown?

crazy tune...I made a seperate thread with a soundfile:
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1250817&an=0&page=0#Post1250817

• that teddy washington is a great 2-sider as well. Love the 'Ain't No Sunshine' cover on the flip!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Last find of '08......rare 10" Rockabilly LP

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    too many to mention in the past week but one of particular ayo interest:

super amazing gay interest power pop/punk 1980 sf

peep the song titles:

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• i had forgotten how beautiful francoise hardy was..

Picked this up yesterday

and Human League

i passed on this HAIR a few dyas ago as it was a little expensive - - is it any good?

yeah its a little over average, couple of good tracks, by a group called the galaxy generation, pretty crisp organ lead inst production, wouldnt pay much for it though cause with hair records you always know more or less what youre getting..