Buying Record Collections From People

2»

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Alot of people pull the "although you just went through and pulled out records...I cant sell em to you now" game all the time. You could do like I have seen [email]M@z#[/email] do and cuss the person the f uck out and demand some gas money.

Hell this past weekend my partner Fo##ess# G#temGum# drove all the way from Ohio to Detroit (3 hr drive) to veiw a record collection some guy had in a warehouse. We were thinking that the collection was more than likley hit since it was in Detroit. Nevertheless he get there and start pulling out boxes of still sealed sh it and the guy come over to and starts picking up the stuff in order to look em up in his book. After about 3 1/2 hours of digging he comes over and points to over half of the stuff pulled and said that he couldnt sell it because he couldn't find the records in his books....

I would have went to jail because I would have either put the stuff back(scrambled up style) that wa pulled or tear up the spot...3 hr drive 3 1/2 hours of digging and you only sell 20 of the records..I told G$temGum# that he has a better tolerance for bs then me becuase that was total bs. I fond that the wosrt people to buy collections from are people who "found" the records or are selling them for a family member these peole tend to think that they have hit the lotto.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    piss frisbee that old bitch

Yer, then Spider-Man that ho

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Her original intention was probably

but then she changed her mind for some reason.

Yeah, just be glad you're not chained up in some sex maniac's basement torture chamber right now. That's one way of looking at it.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    this shit is par for the course
    sounds like amateur hour, you need to vet these people on the phone better to figure out the craziness quotient

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    this shit is par for the course
    sounds like amateur hour, you need to vet these people on the phone better to figure out the craziness quotient

amen
    my favorite call is the "callback" when people realize nobody wants to pay big bucks for an entire collection of banged records